“Family Stay”

Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Ranked #34 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Rydges Southbank, where we caught up with our 3 teenage girls. I found the room was great and spacious. The welcome and service top class and the position perfect. Great comfortable bed and so many pilllows in the King size room. Hope to come again soon

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
JoelGordon_SouthBank, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Lorraine T,

Thank you for your lovely comments in relation to your stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

The spacious King Suites here at the hotel are a great selling point when it comes to families. I am proud that our staff here had the opportunity of making such an impact during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Joel Gordon
Rooms Division Manager

There are newer reviews for Rydges South Bank Brisbane

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Friendly helpful service. Great position for the convention centre beside it and access to southbank. Always clean and tidy and a good sized twin room. Some new towels though would ne great as they were rather thin and scratchy.

1  Thank MelBid
Scott W, Senior Duty Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear MelBid,

Thank you for the recent review of the hotel and your stay,

I have said it many times before but we are located in an excellent spot in Brisbane with everything one needs so close.

Thank you for your comments in relation to our staff and housekeeping, I will certainly pass on the feedback regarding the towels.

I hope I am able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My Husband and I stay at the Rydges at South Bank Brisbane for 3 nights in February. What a great place to stay the staff are all so helpful from the Front Door to the housekeeping. The Food was world class and again staff in the bars and coffee shop where very helpful. I would stay at the Rydges again in a heart beat

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Narelle C

Dear Narelle C,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your stay,

It was very pleasing to read your comments in relation to our staff, I believe excellent customer service is the core to any successful business.

It is lovely to see you have enjoyed a meal in the hotel and appreciate your feedback.

I hope you are able to stay again in the near future and that I have the opportunity to welcome
you back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the Rydges for just one night in February to attend an event at the Convention Centre. Service was good, there were no issues with me dropping off my car early in the morning to the valet despite not checking in until that afternoon. The room itself was nice enough, the bathroom is starting to look a little tired and the complimentary toiletries did not appear to be new - i.e. shampoo half empty. We ordered room service late at night and the service was prompt and the food was lovely. Overall we had a great stay at Rydges and if I ever need to stay in the area again I wouldn't hesitate at booking at there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shirls84

Dear Shirls84,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

The hotel is conveniently located in South Bank with many attractions, restaurants and entertainment a short walk away. The direct walkway across to the Brisbane Convention Centre is a great convenience for our guests who are attending conferences or shows.

Please accept my apologies regarding the toiletries, they are replaced after each guest but perhaps this was missed on inspecting the room.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel to see a show at QPAC. The location was great, the service excellent and the room pretty good. Some parts of the room were a little worn, but over all we had no issues.

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ian606
Scott W, Senior Duty Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Ian606,

Thank you for the lovely comments in relation to your stay and our staff.

We are located in a fantastic position in South Bank and ideally located for QPAC. Customer Service and the Guest Experience is something I have a true passion for, so it is very pleasing to read you have enjoyed you time and received excellent service.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spend about 200 days a year on the road and travel all over the Asia Pacific region. The Rydges Southbank is probably the worst hotel by far in the price range.
I have stayed there at least 4 times and every time it gets from bad to worse. On this last trip there were workmen working in the room opposite at 6.30 am. On one day my room was not serviced and the newspaper was only delivered to my room on 2 of the 6 nights I stayed there.
Staff were clueless and not very helpful instead of being helpful and problem solving and the toiletries in the bathroom were inconsistent every day. For example, some days I would have new shampoo and on some days I wouldn't, Same for towels and other such amenities.

1  Thank Raymon K

Dear RayonTime,

It was very disappointing to read you review of the hotel.

It appears the inconsistencies experienced throughout your stay had led to your disappointment. I am unsure of the exact dates of your stay but any contractor’s onsite have noise restriction enforced and are not permitted to use power tools before 8am. If contractors are on guest floors prior to this then noise is to be kept to a minimum. Please accept my apologies if this restriction had been broken.

The staff at Rydges South Bank Brisbane are widely known for their exceptional Customer Service so it is very disheartening to read your comments in relation to them.

I do appreciate the feedback as we are only able to improve with when it is received and with this in mind I will certainly follow up the inconsistencies with the relevant departments.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Was in Brisbane for work and Rydges South Bank is a great location, however the rooms do in my opinion need renovating, as they are clean and presentable... just tired looking. The ground floor and Podium levels have been renovated, so one would assume the rest of the hotel is scheduled for a make over. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food in the downstairs bar good. Hotel is in a great location to the Brisbane convention centre with access via the podium level. There are lots of resturants in Stanley and Grey streets that should suit many peoples tastes and needs. Once fully renovated I believe this hotel would be hard to beat.

Dear hunterkiwi,

Thank you for the recent review in relation to your stay with us here at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

South Bank is one of the top spots in Brisbane. The hotel is centrally located providing an abundance of restaurants, activities and entertainment only a short walk away.

The recent renovation of our Podium Level has been a great success and now fully open our attention will draw to the rooms.

Thank you again for the kind words and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.