I stayed here for one night on business recently. Basically good hotel, some renovation work still in progress but should be okay when finished.
The location is great, close to town and with more resteraunts to choose from than you will ever need within easy walking distance. The room was good and the price reasonable given how close to town it is.
A couple of issues from the renovations, there is currently no signage, so the place was a bit hard to find. The resteraunt is currently closed so breakfast was served in a makeshift function room upstaires, this was not great, expensive and we ended up leaving without managing to get a coffee. Also there is currently no wireless Internet in the rooms, I think this is being fixed but annoying at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges South Bank is situated in Brisbane’s most enviable location, the South Bank arts and entertainment precinct. The hotel adjoins with the Brisbane Convention Centre via a walkway, it is only a few minutes walk to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, the Queensland Museum, State Library of Queensland and the new magnificent Gallery of Modern Art. Downtown Brisbane, Treasury Casino and the Queen Street Mall are an easy 10 minute stroll away. With Bacchus South Bank & CBD Cafe, Bar and Dining both located at Rydges you don't need to go far for a fantastic food and beverage selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Rydges South Bank Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges South Bank Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Rydges South Bank Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Rydges South Bank