i was here for work. i wouldn't usually pay so much for a room. but it ended up being good value.
the cafe (CBD) is good, room service has a range of options (flavour wise and price wise) and the staff were friendly. i still can't understand why hotels don't have free wifi in all rooms, but the free wifi in the lobby was good. the in room internet was expensive but for skype etc... i paid the extra.
concierge was especially helpful. gym was okay. and they are building a pool apparently to open in september (but i stayed to the 29th of september, still no pool). had there been a pool this rating would have been even higher.
location is great too. so close to cafes and the river. i recommend the point restaurant as a reasonably priced dining option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges South Bank is situated in Brisbane’s most enviable location, the South Bank arts and entertainment precinct. The hotel adjoins with the Brisbane Convention Centre via a walkway, it is only a few minutes walk to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, the Queensland Museum, State Library of Queensland and the new magnificent Gallery of Modern Art. Downtown Brisbane, Treasury Casino and the Queen Street Mall are an easy 10 minute stroll away. With Bacchus South Bank & CBD Cafe, Bar and Dining both located at Rydges you don't need to go far for a fantastic food and beverage selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges South Bank Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges South Bank Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Rydges South Bank Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Rydges South Bank