“Overnight Stay”

Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport
Ranked #90 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Second time staying here. First time was a few years ago as our team needed to be close to Brisbane entertainment centre. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful room (228) all ground level. It was presented lovely with a full kitchen, lounge area and 2 bedrooms and it was very well appointed. Our apartment was the hub of all our teams activity as it had the most room for people to meet before and after our games. Second trip (October 2012) myself and 3 girlfriends stayed in 2bed1bath apartment (237)(Bedrooms upstairs/ Kitchen and small lounge downstairs.. Apartment was clean and mostly comfortable (lounge room couch quite hard) We were attending a concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and wanted something relatively close (not much accommodation in Boondall area) Taxi fare roundtrip came to approx $50 which we were happy with. Beds were extremely comfy after our big night out. Did not hear the traffic at all. Would stay there again for overnighters but would request Room 228 or 229 as they seem to be the pick of the rooms. Rates for room seemed reasonable when you are sharing with 3 friends...!

Room Tip: Rooms 228 & 229 are my choice to stay in out of the rooms I have seen.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-Northgate, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hello Been to worse

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay. We are always very happy to welcome repeat guests.

We do have the different types of apartments. 228 and 229 that you have mentioned are a little larger and also have a laundry which is an advantage for teams. The townhouse style do appear a little smaller as they have the stair case taking up some room. A lot of guest do like these as they feel they they have privacy and separation between downstairs and upstairs. Wew also have a 3 bedroom apartment which is huge. This apartment also has 2 bathrooms as well as a toilet downstairs.

We would love to welcome you back again and if you just mention that you prefer the lowset units we will certainly allocate that to you if they are available.

Once again that you for taking the time to give us your feed back

kind regards
Marg

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for work, from Sun afternoon through Thursday morning. Definitely convenient to the airport (10 min - or a $20 taxi ride). It was clean and comfortable. Not sure about the price - I wasn't paying and was booked by our Brisbane office. I wouldn't recommend for longer stays (more than one night) there is not much in the area. I wound up taking taxis to go out to dinner or get to a gym. Would stay again for quick trip as close to office and airport, but really boring area if staying longer. Was a 30-40 min walk to closest mall (Centra). $20 cab ride to get to the Westfield Chermside.
Breakfast was fine - fresh and clean, nothing spectacular for the price (did buffet most days, ordered hot eggs one day). Had room service dinner one night - good. Take away hot chocolate another night - awful! Cold and watery. I can't believe I paid $4 for that!
Staff was ok, nothing fantastic. I had to carry my own bag to my room and hump it up the stairs. Didn't seem particularly knowledgeable about local area.
The pool is not heated (really cold!) and very small - didn't get much sun, not a place you would want to lay in the sun. No gym/fitness centre that I'm aware of.
I had a room on the street side, upstairs. Was a bit noisy, but didn't wake me up. Double glazing helped. Upstairs rooms are nice - feels a bit more secluded and private.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-Northgate, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Kiwi&yank

I do appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We do have mainly a Corporate clientelle, due to the fact that we are in a commercial area so the local facilities are about 2-3 klms away. We do have a wonderful restaurant and I am pleased you enjoyed your meal. Please accept my apologies for your cold Hot Chocolate. Please let us know if there is something no up to standard so we can do our utmost to fix the problem while you are still with us. On your next visit, just let me know who you are and I willl personally make you one of my special Hot Chocolates (on the house of course).
kind regards
Marg,
Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Rooms were clean with plenty of room and the staff very polite and friendly. The only problem was the noises traffic all night especially in the morning. I asked for a quiet room backing onto the quieter street but still noises. If you can handle that very good for an overnight stay

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed for one night to be close to the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable though rather noisy being beside a busy road. The double glazing helped a little. Excellent restaurant and the baramundi is the best we have ever had. The restaurant staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I don't recommend this hotel. We stayed here to be close to the airport. We paid around $200 a night. The location may be closer to the airport than some other hotels but there really isn't much around. There is a gas station across the street that had snacks but in the evening it was window service only. There is a small cafe in the hotel. Food was OK. The room rented smelled like sewage when I opened the bathroom door. The smell did not go away even though i tried to air it out.

The carpet had a melted impression of a iron. The breakfast was extra and not included with the room like many Comfor inns and Suites.

We had seen that it had airport transportation so I thought I could get picked up at the airport when we arrived on a domestic flight. There was no transportation from the airport ( I must have missed this on the web site. The transportation was only to the airport. I tried to call the hotel from the airport and no one answered the phone. I tried 5 times from a pay phone with no response. So we finally took a taxi. I think the taxi was less than $30. I could have saved some time if they would have answered the phone.

The pickup to the airport was in an old van with a trailer that was not specific to this hotel. It did the job but was really mangy.

I have stayed many places and would put this very low on the list. I can't believe they are charging $200 a night. I have stayed on beach resorts for cheaper than this. This is an $85/ night or cheaper hotel at best.

Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DontwaitMn
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you're wanting somewhere to stay for an early start to the airport, then this is fine. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit, with 1 bathroom, kitchen and sitting room. The unit looked tired. Furniture was wearing, and the fridge door looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. The larger room is not too bad, but the smaller room is dark and unappealing. Acceptable airport motel, but not the place you want to go to for a holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stopped over at Northgate for one night as we had an early morning flight. The staff were excellent and friendly.We did ask if it was possible to be moved back from the road as it is used by a lot of trucks, they were unfortunately fully booked. The room was clean and well presented. While looking around i noticed that one of the double glazing widows was not shut so we did that and that helped with the traffic noise. I also noticed the noise was much worse in the bathroom - the top half of the window is not glazed and this is where the noise was coming in - shutting the door did not help much as it is a slatted door. After speaking to the lovely girl in reception we were able to tuck a towel up and block off the open section of window(screen needs a good clean). So with that and the end of peak hour traffic the noise was minimal - no one can stop the sirens! The beds seemed hard but i slept well and woke up refreshed even thought it was a 4 am start. The run to the airport was short and easy. I would stay here again. Value wise - we had just paid less per night for a 4 star 1 bedroom apartment in Hastings Street, Noosa so thought Northgate was a little overpriced- but we couldn't find anything much cheaper in the area close to the airport that had reasonably good reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple