“Lovely place!!!”

Ranked #82 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Tolga
“Lovely place!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

My children and I arrived from Fiji, quite early in the morning. There was precise information waiting for me to collect my keys and find our room. The suite we had was very nice, with a kitchen and lounge room downstairs. The bedrooms and bathroom was upstairs and tastefully decorated. Beds were very comfortable. We had a late checkout, so we could sleep in. Our luggage was stored in the reception area for us, while we explored the city for the rest of the day. We arrived later that afternoon to collect the luggage and the two staff members in the Reception were very nice and chatted with us as they did their work. One of them was Jason, as I had booked my accommodation with him a few months earlier. They even rang us a taxi and didn't charge us for the call.
All in all, a very friendly atmosphere and very comfortable accommodation. So much so, that in future, this is where we will be staying when visiting brisbane.
Thank you staff and well done!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
mum68, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Good afternoon Sheroll

It was lovely to ready your review on our property. We are very proud of our rooms and the service we offer to our guests.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn.

kind regards
Marg Murphy
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I chose the Northgate due to pricing and close locality from airport.
Quality restaurant for breakfast and dining.
Friendly staff and quick to resolve any situations.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms, away from roads, internal lifts, external extractor fans, stairwells.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ailponoc
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The food in the restaurant was nice and I received good service there. The service was great at the front desk.
However... when I checked out I accidently left my makeup bag, hair straightener and toiletries bag in the bathroom. I came back a couple of hours later and the lady behind the desk gave me my toiletries bag, but said that there wasn't any other items in the room - which was a lie! I left all three items in the bathroom and I am 10000% sure I did - where else could they be??! I have called the hotel several times about the situation and they never return my calls. They always say someone will get back to me, but they never do. So, I had to restock my whole makeup collection and buy a new hair straightener - not happy.

Room Tip: All rooms look the same
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear mandjw

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the service provided by our reception and restaurant teams.

I am so sorry to hear about your missing items and assure you that we take this issue very seriously. Please note that an extensive and thorough investigation was done when you informed us of the situation and unfortunately we could not lcoate the missing items.

best regards
Marg Murphy
Manager
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

This is the perfect place to stay overnight when flying into or out of Brisbane international airport at inconvenient times. We drive down from our home and leave the car at an airport parking station which is only 3 or 4 minutes from this hotel. This hotel is fairly basic (as you would expect for an airport hotel), but quiet, very comfortable and with a nice little restaurant attached which has decently priced food. It is also considerably cheaper than other "Airport Hotels" in the area.................... and it has a free airport shuttle bus. Only one small comment about the otherwise comfortable bed. It slides away from the wall very easily.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Welltravelled63
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

No Service, had to make my own way to a confusing loft type room with no power.

• Stayed July 2011
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

This really is a fantastic hotel if you want to stay close to the airport. My husband and I stayed here for one night, and it was really superb. The staff were very friendly and so helpful. The evening meal was amazing, and the breakfast the following morning was quickly served and so much choice - really much more than we expected. The staff arranged a courtesy bus to get us to the airport in the morning and it arrived on time. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay close to the airport, very reasonable prices too - thanks to the management and team - will come and see you all again soon!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank skippette17
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate. We had a big, modern and comfortable room. Our host was really nice and helped us with all necessary informations. The next day we had a pick up to the airport which worked perfectly. We would recommend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple