“Great value”

Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
Ranked #45 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights. Room was clean and tidy and made up every day.
Door stop in bathroom in a terrible spot and I injured my toe
Some problem with parking as not enough spaces
Laundry in desperate need of an upgrade
A suggestion would be an outdoor balcony on each floor or even a rooftop area

• Stayed: November 2013
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Melinda W

Thank you for offering feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I appreciate all comments made, I do hope your toe is ok and no ongoing issues, the laundry, although still at an acceptable standard, is currently being looked at and the number of car park spaces available is based on a percentage of accommodation rooms and subject to availability.

I look forward to welcoming when next you travel this way.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We booked and prepaid the hotel via www.Agoda.com and upon arrival the reception welcome was warm and friendly with no fuss.

Room 314, was large and comfortable with a queen bed, sofa, slim TV, Microwave, sink, tea towel, kettle, iron and board, fridge and Air-conditioning with in room control.

Bed is very comfortable, with extra pillows and blankets.
Bathroom has good thursty towels and also has a small supply of toiletries.

Rooms are very very clean. The lifts are slow, however this is not a major problem.
In addition to the restaurant, the foyer has vending machines for snacks.

Located just off the Logan Road and 5 minutes from the M1 freeway, the Hotel is a 10 minute walk to Westfield Garden City, supermarkets and main shopping strip of Upper Mount Gravatt.

At the front of the hotel is plenty of car parking for all hotel guests, and a short stroll to the main bus interchange.

Recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rear room, away from the car park, it may be quieter than the car park side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear NeilC2607

I thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

The team and I appreciate all comments made and take heart in knowing you understand our hotel and what we can offer the business or leisure or even weary traveller.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have written a review previously about a poor room allocation and it could have also happened again as they had incorrect spelling for my booking and thus couldn't see my profile. Which was disappointing. But the room I received wasn't that near the elevator. So it all worked out.

The rooms themselves are great. Large space, very comfortable and firm beds, with great quality linen. The sound proofing on the outside windows is exceptional. So never any problems in that regard.Plus housekeeping does a great job.

Though again there is no mini bar, room services, place to have dinner, etc. But I guess that's reflective in the price.

So I'll happily be back and do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Sleepy_Holidays

Thank you for offering feedback regarding your recent return to Travelodge Garden City.

I would like to explain the issue with your name etc, when next you stay with us, unitl then, safe travels.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had booked three nights at the Travelodge in August through their website and paid around $110 a night. This was outstanding value when compared with what else is around. The room was clean and had all you needed and a bit more. The night staff were friendly and helpful, the day staff a little less so, but then they were kept pretty busy with tour groups coming and going.

I checked out a day early (nothing to do with the quality of the hotel) forfeiting one of my pre-paid nights, which didn't raise an eyebrow at check-out, let alone any query as to why, or if I was happy with my stay - that surprised me at the time.

If you are a smoker, you will have to traipse all the way outside to smoke, this hotel is completely NO SMOKING, and there are no rooms with balconies.

They have vending machines for snacks, drinks, and other essentials you may need. There is also a coin operated washing machine and drier. I used the washing machine after a load of hotel kitchen items had been laundered which completely covered my clothes in lint. The night manager was apologetic and provided extra coins and powder to re-do my wash. Perhaps the hotel management could consider buying the staff their own machine and leaving the guest machines just for guest use?

If you have a need to stay close to Garden City Shopping Area, this hotel is located perfectly, and the price is very fair indeed all things considered. I WILL be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Fourb2

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I appreciate all comments made and am currently investigating some of the points raised. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend to others.

I look forward to welcoming you back when next you travel.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Small to Medium room with very firm Queen Bed. At $133 + c/card surcharge its value for money. Ducted A/C would struggle in Summer I think. Kitchenette is good too. 2 seater lounge was good to watch LCD TV from. Bathroom is small but functional. Shower is a walk in job (no door etc), with good water pressure. Internet is pricey at $12/hr or $20/day but you do get 15 mins / day free in reception area only. No Dinner restaurant here but the Beach House bar in Westfields (almost next door) does a great steak. Good Value here.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same layout.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Brad290

Thank you for your recent review of Travelodge Garden City.

The team and I appreciate your candour and understanding of what our hotel has to offer the business traveller. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am happy to hear we have achieved this.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you need a well priced room on the southside of Brisbane then this hotel is perfect. The breakfast buffet is ok and priced well. It is not a 5 star hotel but it isn't priced like one either. Good parking, plenty of restaurants nearby, clean reasonably sized rooms and friendly staff. I stayed on a business trip and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Grizzly888

The team and I appreciate all comments made, we understand our property and strive to make sure we are at all times friendly, clean and well-priced.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next you travel.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent hotel. Good clean rooms. A tad small perhaps but so what? I doubt your staying at this hotel for a vacation, more as a traveller for convenience. Staff is superb and professional. Breakfast is perfectly priced for what you get.

Set off the main road so it was quiet as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank asiatraveller5000
TravelodgeDM, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear asiatraveller5000

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. We continually strive to maintain a high standard with the presentation of our hotel and the service you receive from the team here at Travelodge Garden City.
We are an ideal location for all types of travellers and we agree the quietness of the area is a definate plus.
We continue to appreciate great feedback and certainly hope we can welcome you back soon to Travelodge Garden City.
Regards