“Lovely Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 166 Hotels in Brisbane
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a lovely clean and comfortable hotel. It is also great value for money. There is a bus stop right outside the front door of the hotel and $7 will get you into the city centre, its about 15 mins away.

We were not expecting what we got. The rooms are lovely and spacious, it has a fridge, microwave,etc. the basic essentials that you need to have a nice breakfast in the morning and a snack in the evening. There is a laundry service in the lobby, computers with good internet speed and also some vending machines for snacks and ice creams.

Unfortunately everywhere was booked up the few days we were in Brisbane, so we had to stay in alternative accommodation the last 2 nights, but I definitely preferred the Travelodge to anywhere else we stayed in Brisbane.

We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Brisbane.

Room Tip: We didn't have any noise issues and we were on the 2nd floor so any room would be nice to stay i...
1 Thank Tara418
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Tara418

I thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

All comments made are greatly appreciated, not only by myself but the team as well. My team at all times strives to exceed the guest's expectations and I am very happy this has occurred.

I do look forward to welcoming you back, when next you travel our way.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

PROS
* Foxtel and flat screen panel TVS
* modern decor
* bar fridge and microwave
* comfy beds
* a bit of a walk to Garden City Shopping Centre and several dining choices: Hogs Breath, Toscanis, Beach Club, an Irish pub etc

CONS
* $25 charge for Internet use in your room - unsatisfactory in 2013
* on site breakfast a bit pricey

That said, one of the nicest hotels on Brisbane's southside. Easy access to Gold Coast freeway.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Ozeeboy

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I understand and empathise regarding the charges for internet, $11.95 for 1hr, $19.95 for 24hrs etc, there is however the option of a coin operatored internet cafe as well as 15 minutes free internet in the lobby every 24hrs.

Moving forward we are trying to minimise the costs to guests for the in room internet.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Travelodge Garden City so we could visit Brisbane. The room was nice and comfortable with a view on the parking though... Bathroom also nice but not that clean... The parking is free which is very appreciated. It's a bit long too reach Brisbane CBD but direct with a bus.
The very negative point for me was that I booked online and was charged twice. I discovered it because my card was declined when I did shopping. When I asked the receptionist she said to me I'll get my money back within the night but when I checked the following day, it wasn't done. I actually had to wait 6 days to receive the money back!! What was the most shoking was that I didn't get any apologies or commercial gesture although this mistake really put me in a bad situation....

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Gabouche
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Gabouche

I understand and empathise with your frustration due to the duplicate charge to your credit card, this was purely human error. Your same day of arrival reservation dropped into our hotel system and both the front desk and reservations team members actioned the booking at the same time. Immediately realising this had occurred, a refund was processed on your credit card. I am very surprised to hear that it took six (6) days to process, when the action was done in-line with the actual charge and for this I apologise for all the inconvenience caused.

I understand my Senior Duty Manager spoke to yourself at the time to clarify/explain what had occurred.

Based upon this incident, procedures have been reviewed to avoid any reoccurrence.

Should you wish a further review, please do not hesitate to contact myself via the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

A classy downtown location this is not. This hotel is located in a plain suburban setting adjacent to one of the many construction zones forming a bewildering patchwork across Brisbane at the moment.
But don't let that put you off. Despite a very reasonable room rate the rooms are a good size and quite pleasantly appointed, clean and fresh. The area is not actually noisy. Furthermore the readily accessible express bus service to the centre of Brisbane is mind-bogglingly efficient and quick, comparable to staying in say the West End (though without the city atmosphere). And there is a large shopping centre almost adjacent to the hotel, with a range of eating places (the hotel does not have a restaurant, just a breakfast room) and a cinema. Hotel parking is not a problem and is complimentary.
What is not complimentary is wi-fi, which is annoying considering so many venues and cafes provide it free these days. The price is unreasonable and it should be complimentary in accordance with international practice. Also, the breakfast buffet, while acceptable, is no more than that, rather basic and lacking in flavour, and the quality doesn't really justify its price. However the hotel does have some mollifying $2 breakfast deals.
All in all this place is an option worth considering for a budget trip to Brisbane.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Baudolino

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

Travelodge offers clean, no frills and friendly service, with regards to the Wi-Fi, I understand your frustration, however at present charges do still apply with the additional option of 15 minutes free Wi-Fi in the lobby every 24 hours - it is a start.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, should you be travelling this way.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a good stay at Travelodge Sydney so we thought of giving Travelodge Garden City a go for our stay in Brisbane. The best thing about our Travelodge experience is how well-maintained it is and it's comfy rooms. We truly appreciate the overall ambience. Travelodge Garden City is a bit off the CBD and city centre but bus stops nearby makes the city accessible with their various bus services (150 or 160 to the heart of the city). Best thing is the huge Westfield Mall right beside it which has nearly everything you need there. Only downside to our stay was that there weren't anyone amongst the hotel staff who offered my husband a hand in handling our large luggage up to our room when we arrived. I remembered my husband had to stack up all 6 large luggage and several small ones on the hotel trolley and had to push them up himself while the hotel staff watched on. A little act of kindness would go a long way, I would say. But, apart from this incident, our stay at the hotel had been good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear YanYanRuz

Thank you for offering feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay and support the Travelodge Hotel Brand which offers clean, comfortable and friendly service.

I look forward to wecloming you again to the hotel, when next you travel.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel to participate in a basketball tournament held in Logan City. Only about 20 to 30 mins drive to the basketball stadium and only 15 minutes to central Brisbane - hence well located hotel for our purpose. Room a good size, tidy, clean and at a reasonable rate. Did not try the breakfast as there did not appear to be much variety however there are a few restaurants nearby with good breakfasts at reasonable prices. Close to shopping centre. The hotel charges a 1.5% surcharge for payments made by credit card and somewhat surprisingly (never experienced this before) a $100 bond returnable at the conclusion of the stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear AndyA43

I appreciate all comments made, the team do strive to exceed the guests expectations and I am pleased that all facets of the hotel met your requirements and your stay was a pleasant one.

I note the credit card surcharge of 1.5%, this is across the industry and our purpose is to only assist with covering costs associated with all credit cards. The bond is for any additional charges ie: breakfast, movies, phone calls or drinks during your stay and as identified refundable upon departure.

I look forward to welcoming you back when next your travel our way.

Auckland, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here recently as was a good location for catching up with relatives.
Very reasonably priced and a short drive from Brisbane CBD.
Service was great, nothing was a hassle.
Room was excellent,
Bathroom was great, tidy and cleaned well.
Parking was free and plentiful in the carpark.
There is no restaurant on site apart from a Breakfast dining area which sadly we did not partake in.
There is a large shopping centre just a 5 minute walk from the hotel with food courts if you require dining options as well as supermarkets as each room has a microwave for light catering.
There are vending machines in the lobby for snacks, drinks and personal items should you need and reception is monitored 24 hours.
All in all this hotel was great for what we need and could not fault anything.
Keep it up.

2 Thank muzzanz1
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Muzzanz1

I thank you for your thorough review of Travelodge Garden City.

The team at all times strives to exceed guest's expectations and I am pleased to see that their efforts have been recognized and appreciated and your stay was carefree and relaxing.

I look forward to welcoming you again when next you travel.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane on George
#74 of 166 in Brisbane
4.0 of 5 stars 136 reviews
Brisbane International - Windsor
Oakwood Hotel & Apartments Brisbane

Been to Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane? Share your experiences!