“Pleasant and accomodating”

Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
Ranked #45 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Travelodge with my family while we attended a function in the area. We found the hotel to be very plesant and the staff very accomodating to our needs. We booked a Twin room and Queen Rooms and found that they quaility did not falter during our stay. The staff were knowledgable of the local area and assisted us with in room meal options and room requests. We found the housekeeping and restaurant staff to be without expection. The breakfasts were delicious, something we all looked forward to each morning. Thank you Travelodge for a wonderful stay, we will definately be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HotelHopping13
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear HotelHopping13

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

The team strive at all times to not only meet guests expectations, but exceed them and I am very happy to see that this was achieved and we will see you again in he near future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very quiet for sleeping, clean and reasonably priced for a five night stay. Half the price of some places nearby. Not int he city but suited us as it was near our rellies. Walking distance to large shopping centre and food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Docbebar
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Docbebar

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

The team at all times strives to exceed our guest's expectations and I am very happy to hear that this has occurred during your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel when next you travel this way.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for over a week and we found it perfect to get around. The bus stop was down the road and the huge shopping centre was right behind us. I thought the breakfast was a little steep at $12 for a continental breakfast but everything else was good. There could be more parking because one day I had to park in the disabled park because there was nowhere else to park. It was a 30 minute drive to the CBD and 30 min to Ipswich which was handy because I have friends there. We will be coming back!
The only thing that bugged me was the bathroom door in the wrong spot!

Room Tip: The third floor is really nice...we stayed in room 306 and it was nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WentworthFallsRasha
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear WentworthFallsRasha

Thank you for offering positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

My team at all times strives to make the guest experience a memorable one and I am pleased to hear this has been achieved and you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back when next you travel.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have now stayed here numerous times and only because it is convenient for the meetings I attend. The free parking is appreciated as you need a car if staying here. A couple of minor issues with reception were sorted out quickly, but they should not have arisen in the first place. May be relief staff are employed on a Sunday. Whilst the hotel lacks character, it is clean and the rooms are a reasonable size. I am not sure if it is the same for every room, but there was no hair dryer in room 106 - guys it is time this was rectified. I was travelling with my partner and she wanted to wash her hair - but could not due the fact there was no hair dryer. Also the shower head was faulty, spraying water in all directions - in my opinion something that should have been noted by the cleaners and rectified prior to allocation of the room. In general, a really basic business type hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JCM81

Dear JCM81

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

While at all times the team strive to exceed guests expectations, sometimes things can be missed or not responded to as promptly as required. I value all comments made and am looking into each identified area.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a good hotel for the budget minded in the greater Brisbane area. Location is a few miles south of the city centre, but it is convenient to get into the city by car or bus (from the huge Garden City Shopping Centre next door). Rooms are clean and quite large. Furnishing is basic. The only meal served is breakfast -- which is of poor quality and overprices, but there are plenty of local restaurants from McDonalds on up. And, the hotel has soft drink and snack vending machines. There is also a guest laundry. The next-door shopping centre has two food courts and full size grocery store. The rooms have fridges and microwaves, so you will never have an excuse to be hungry. There is plenty of free parking. One irritation is that you have to pay for wifi -- and it is not cheap. Why do hotels do this? Wifi should be in the price of the room. I stay here frequently when visiting on business and believe this is the best place in the area when you do not want to pay for luxury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Edward B
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Edward B

I respect all comments made and note you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Garden City when next you travel.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend as i was in town for a wedding. There were three of us in the room with a dbl bed and sofa bed. Plenty of space even with three people. Room had tv, mini fridge and kitchette. Pillows are terrible though! Bathroom was small but clean. No wifi in rooms but free 30mins is available in the lobby. Location is walking distance to garden city shops. We had a car which was preferable to get to downtown. Plenty of parking and free. Vending machines in lobby and alcoholic bevarages can be bought at reception. Overall comfortable, clean hotel outside of downtown core.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carrie P
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Carrie P

The Travelodge team strives at all times to exceed guests expectations and I am pleased that we have done so on this occasion and you have enjoyed your stay. Comments regarding the hotel pillows have been noted.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently we had an overnight in this hotel on the outskirts of Brisbane, you need a car if you stay here...
The location next to the Garden City Mall is great, the hotel itself is clean and comfortable with friendly staff, our room was a reasonable size, the bathroom rather small but clean and efficient, I am surprised they do not provide hand towels in the bathroom and when I approached a housekeeper she kindly offered another bath towel...all staff overall were friendly...
Our biggest issue were the pillows, they were so flat and terribly uncomfortable, otherwise the bed was comfortable...
Overall stay was very good, no food service provided in the evening but I believe they offer a breakfast in the morning...
We would stay again if we were in that area...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allan_don

Dear Allan and Don

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.
All comments whether they be positive or negative are welcomed at all times and assist us with training and the ongoing development of the hotel team.
I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.