“A Business Hotel...”

Ranked #45 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Ravenshoe, Australia
“A Business Hotel...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently we had an overnight in this hotel on the outskirts of Brisbane, you need a car if you stay here...
The location next to the Garden City Mall is great, the hotel itself is clean and comfortable with friendly staff, our room was a reasonable size, the bathroom rather small but clean and efficient, I am surprised they do not provide hand towels in the bathroom and when I approached a housekeeper she kindly offered another bath towel...all staff overall were friendly...
Our biggest issue were the pillows, they were so flat and terribly uncomfortable, otherwise the bed was comfortable...
Overall stay was very good, no food service provided in the evening but I believe they offer a breakfast in the morning...
We would stay again if we were in that area...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allan_don
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Allan and Don

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.
All comments whether they be positive or negative are welcomed at all times and assist us with training and the ongoing development of the hotel team.
I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a well managed and clean hotel right beside Garden City shopping centre. There is an on site guest laundry on the ground floor.
The rooms are well maintained and clean. Each room has a small microwave, cutlery, bowls, plates and cups. Very handy when traveling with your own food.
There is plenty of car parking at the hotel.
Breakfast is available each morning at an additional cost. The breakfast is quite good with plenty of selection, both hot and cold.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ScottRo
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear ScottRo

We wish to thank you for the time you have taken to submit your review of our hotel.

We strive to provide a premium product and your valued review highlights that we are continuing to meet our guests needs/expectations.

The hotel is a perfect, no fuss location for the travelling leisure and corporate guest.

I am happy that you have enjoyed your experience and found everything to be of a top standard, and we do hope to see you again as a valued guest here at the Travelodge Garden City.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great location, friendly receptionist...
although the room and bathroom looks a bit dated,
The air conditioner is noisy.
But overall this is a good place for sleep and hanging around sunnybank.
only a short walk to the Garden City shopping centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hans C
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Hans C

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I appreciate all comments made and have relayed to my team. We do at all times strive to exceed our guest's expectations and I am pleased we have so on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel when next you travel.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed in a Queen room (number 324) for 2 nightson 25 and 26 January 2013. Very small room and even smaller shower/toilet. No minibar. Rooms not cleaned very well as we found a used bong in the room in the clothes hanging space. In obvious view if cleaners actually had a look. Gave to cleaner on the day. Advised reception on checkout. Emailed a complaint to the manager and got the following lame reply " I can assure you this in not normal procedure, as all rooms are thoroughly checked and cleaned daily by our Housekeeping team." What a joke "thorougly checked" hardly, if it was they would have found it. As the bong had lost most of its smell it indicates it had been there for a while. Have attached a few pics of the bong. Cheap budget hotel, you get what you pay for. So good value for the lower end of the market. But I guess if they cannot find a bong in an obvious place then how well do they really clean the rooms???

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
24 Thank Etonbeach
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Etonbeach

In my absence, I understand the Area General Manager for Toga Queensland has spoken to you and the matter has been resolved.

Should you wish any further discussion, please do not hesitate to contact myself via the hotel.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I always read Trip Advisor comments on both accommodation and restaurant visits and they are usually always a mixed bag which shows we are all different and expect different things. With accommodation I have high expectations to be able to sleep well! At Travelodge Garden City I did.
We were only in Brisbane for 3 nights, a flying visit for the graduation ceremony of one of our daughters who lives in Upper Mt Gravatt. Our plan to borrow a car from the kids went out the window, as we found on arrival - it had 'broken down'. So as we drove out of the airport I surfed the net for rentals close to where we were staying. In 15 mins I had arranged to hire a small car for $60 per day from Select Ute & Car Rentals who have vehicles at various Coles Express Service Stations. This was literally 500m from the hotel. How awesome! The hotel has a car park right out the front which was very convenient.

The hotel was manned by several helpful, polite and accommodating FOH staff. We were given pointers on a few local places to eat and shop. As we had a few hours to spare we walked over to the Garden City Shopping Centre just behind the hotel. The intention was to get a bit of fruit and cereal however I came across one of my favourite shops TS and couldn't resist a quick browse. We then headed outside to the Beach House Bar and Grill to order a meal and a couple of drinks which were accompanied by some wonderful acoustic guitar and singing. What a terrific spot to grab a good pub meal. I was also impressed by the bikie looking bartender who made me a perfect pina colada. Great start to a quick trip.

We were rarely at the hotel other than to sleep so cannot comment on the facilities or restaurant. Though the vending machine by the lift was certainly intriguing with enough options in the there to please any cravings. Ice-creams to chips and chocolates.

The bed was a queen and very comfortable. Pillows which I am fussy about were great! Sheets lovely, crisp and clean. Bathroom was functional and clean. Yes the grout may be getting old in places, but minimal impact and I can vouch for the daily clean with fresh towels. The couch and table were handy and the kitchenette served it's purpose with a fridge for the beer and a microwave to heat up a Thai meal from a great local restaurant on our last night. After a full day checking out waterfalls, the Glasshouse Mountains, the pubs and shops in Montville, this was the perfect option for us.

The hotel was in a good location for what we required, the room perfect for our time there, the price was good. The only downside and it is a very small point, was that I enjoy opening the window and being on the third floor thought this would be perfect at night. However the smoke from the outdoor smoking area wafted up constantly so this was not an option for long. It also made us realise just how sound proof the room really was, with a bus depot not too far away.

We would stay there again simply for the convenience to family.

Room Tip: ..ours was on the third floor and very good in all ways...maybe one towards either end of the wings...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TrialRun
tgcy, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

All comments are valued by both myself and team, as we strive to exceed our guests' expectations at all times.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back when next you travel.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were not expecting anything fantastic because of the price, but were very pleasantly surprised. Staff very helpful and friendly. Room spotlessly clean and spacious. Bathroom was also spotless, nice towels. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment.

We found the only negative during our stay was the large tours that arrive and tended to be a little inconsiderate of other guests - this is not hotels fault but on our first night there were guests outside our room talking and laughing very loudly late at night, a bit annoying and as they were large tour groups behaved as if they owned the place.

Would definitely stay here again and would most definitely recommend to friends and family but bear in mind the tour groups.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LenandCathieD
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

Thank you for all comments made, they are greatly appreciated not only by me but also my team.

We strive to not only meet guest’s expectations but exceed them and your comments truly validate our mantra to provide a clean, tidy, friendly and helpful experience.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Lismore, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Unlike a previous poster, I think the Travelodge offers more than "basic accommodation." The beds are excellent, the room offers a kitchenette with microwave, there is a lounge and desk area and anything you need is available at the huge Garden City shopping mall next door.
Everything is easily accessible to older people and those with limited mobility ( level entrance, good lift, no step to access shower). In fact , we were asked if we would need assistance in case of an evacuation.
This Travelodge is much quieter than the one at Sydney Central, possibly because the tour groups here are mostly middle-aged to older Asians, whereas in Sydney they tend to be American teenagers.
Buffet breakfast is available, but rather overpriced with the mall next door.
The only minor issues we had were being issued with the wrong keycard for one of the rooms, and the room not being serviced before we returned from shopping in the early afternoon.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which was quiet. No problems with which side (we had two rooms opposite eac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ozziegiraffe
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest

All comments made are greatly appreciated not only by me but also my team.

Your reflection of your time at Travelodge Garden City does reinforce our hotel mantra of clean, tidy, value for money and friendly service.

I am pleased we have not only met your expectations, but exceeded them.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.