“A nice stay, great price, but no frills.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane

You added Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18 MacGregor Street (Cnr Logan Road) Upper Mount, Brisbane, Queensland 4122, Australia   |
Ranked #37 of 166 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne
“A nice stay, great price, but no frills.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I did enjoy my stay at the Travelodge and would happily be back as its just around the corner from work and its an excellent price.

But apart from a room it doesn't have the usual hotel features and there were one or two annoying issues.

Cons:

>There is no place for lunch OR dinner. They only serve breakfast. So no room service, bar, etc.

>There is no mini bar. Though the vending machines downstairs sell everything from panadol, to iphone charges, to memory sticks, ice creams, etc.

>So given that why do they charge you $100 on your credit card even though the room has now been paid in full?

>I'm not a fan of a blanket - that doesn't get washed between clients - sandwidge between two sheets.

>The iron is of terrible quality. No place for water. Thus failed to iron my shirts well each morning.

Pro's:

>The mattress is superb together with a good choice of pillows.

>Soundproofing is excellent. Didn't hear any noise from the room next to me.

>It's a great price.

>Staff are really friendly, professional and helpful.

>Cleaning is top notch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sleepy_Holidays
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I appreciate all comments made; this not only assists me but the whole Travelodge team. I have reviewed a couple of comments made regarding minibar and irons. We do offer steam irons, with most rooms been replaced as needed, while alcoholic beverages are available from reception.

I am pleased that we have met your expectations and your stay was an enjoyable one.

I look forward welcoming you back to the hotel when next you travel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

You dont't go to this hotel for frills, but for a modest tariff I slept in a comfortable twin room, that was spotlessly clean. The shower runs a bit hot n cold, but the room otherwise covered all the basics well. The foxtel stations were good, ad we made good use of the ice machine and other amenities. The location is great for shopping, cinema, and cheap restaurants. Car park s also handy.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sangii
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

The comments made do reflect the mantra of our brand, clean, tidy, value for money and friendly team. I am pleased we have met your expectations and your stay was a positive one.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Let me first say that this hotel is about 15 min drive from Brisbane CBD. I had a rental car and wanted a hotel with a free parking. Most of the Brisbane hotels charge $20-25 per might of parking. This hotel has a large parking lot in the front of the hotel and its free. Hotel is right off the freeway.
Otherwise, the hotel is what you would expect from Holidays Inn.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank MINIMD
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

All comments made are appreciated by both myself and team.

I look forward to welcoming you next time you travel this way.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in September while in Brisbane to see my daughter. It's not a terribly fancy hotel but has all the amenities you need. My room was on the second floor and was very clean. The bathroom, although dated, was scrupulously clean, and everything worked perfectly. Bed was fine, I slept well, and then went down to breakfast which is served in the small dining area right next to the reception area. At a cost of $16.50 it's a little pricey but offers both hot and cold choices. I initially booked for 2 nights but upon realising that I would need a third, the man in reception was most helpful even though the hotel was nearing capacity. All in all it was quite a pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kimandgaz
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

All comments are valued by both myself and team, as we strive to exceed our guests' expectations at all times.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back when next you travel.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Pro: low cost about $100, location, good coffee machine, o.K. breakfast, but no variety day to day
Con: costly and poor Internet connection, bathroom small, no tub, spartan shower changes water temperature when other faucet turned on, dirty rug, very poor and cold service at front desk, cannot recommend it, look elsewhere

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Robert K
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City, as we value all guest feedback.

The team and I strive at all times to exceed our guest’s expectations in all areas of service and I am surprised to hear we have not achieved this on this occasion.

The internet service available to our guests’ is provided by a third party who can be contacted at any time should guests have any questions or issues.

All other matters raised have been investigated and should you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly via the hotel.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy access to Garden City Shopping Centre. Very friendly service, nothing too much trouble with these guys. The great comfy bed and very clean large room was fab. Oh and the pillows aren't as hard as rock. I'll be back to this Travelodge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 34Traveller
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Return Guest

I thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

The team and I strive at all times to exceed our guest’s expectations in all areas of service and are happy to hear we have achieved this.

Your comments are greatly appreciated by all.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

LISMORE,NSW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Nice looking Hotel and very clean - I was quite impressed. But the bed was so HARD and very uncomfotable - did not sleep well at all. Other people we spoke to at breakfast also agreed how hard and uncomfortable the beds are. Now Breakfast - It was so BAD - don't waste your money! We thought it would be a lovely buffet breakfast but wow were we wrong! So, the only good thing about this hotel is the location - right near Garden City Shopping Centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank sophie41
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Guests

While surprised by your comments regarding the bedding, as all were replaced at the beginning of August, I understand that sometimes we do not meet or exceed our guests expectations. The feedback you have offered enables us to improve in these areas and focus on lifting to our normal high Travelodge standards.

I look forward to welcoming you again when travelling to Brisbane.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane on George
#75 of 166 in Brisbane
4.0 of 5 stars 136 reviews
Brisbane International - Windsor
Oakwood Hotel & Apartments Brisbane

Been to Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane? Share your experiences!