“Good value and good experience”

Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
Ranked #47 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Canberra
“Good value and good experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have stayed at Travelodge properties elsewhere in Australia and they are all of pretty good standard. This one is located SE of Brisbane city, about $7 away by the express busway (highly recommended way to travel) or $35 for a cab. It is therefore a bit 'out of the way' for some, but for those who need to be near the city, but necessarily in it, this property offers a good alternative to inner city stays which can often be very over-priced for what they offer. It was correspondingly pretty quiet when I was there. The room was quite well appointed, modern and clean. The queen bed was comfortable and the overall comfort level high. The restaurant and buffet breakfast are not flash, but offer reasonable value. There are good evening eating venues not far away by car/cab, and the Westfield shopping centre is a short walk away (and Officeworks is even closer for those who indulge in stationery browsing!) Staff at reception and in the restaurant were friendly and courteous.
In short, a well priced good alternative to inner Brisbane stays.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank canberra_no_mad_1
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Comments whether they are positive or constructive assist us with training and further enhancing the guest experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is a very basic hotel despite the price tag. Completely no frills. Would be good to have some more facilities and services. It's located close to a bus station so if you are drawn to staying there because you have a function in the area, I recommend getting something of better value closer to the city and using the bus network to get around. Was however clean and comfortable with good parking.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Kimble26
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

Travelodge Garden City offers value, clean and friendly service to all guests and I appreciate your comments.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My work put me up here for a week recently (cannot comment on value as they paid for the trip). Stayed in a double room with a queen bed and ensuite.

Pros:
-Location. Very close to Garden City.
-Extremely friendly and helpful staff.
-Room cleaned/linen replaced daily (unless you put the 'do not disturb' sign up). My washing up was even done for me!
-Comfortable, clean, attractive room.
-TV with several Foxtel channels (Fox8, Fox Sports 2, Max, I think 2-3 more, but I can't remember).
-Microwave, Sink, Bar Fridge, Kettle with tea, coffee, and milk in fridge.
-Iron + Ironing Board.
-Good shower/ensuite.
-Comfy couch and a coffee table. Little dining table for 2.

Cons:
-No other kitchen items. There's really no room for a stove or anything, but I would've liked a toaster for breakfast. This might be fire safety tactic though.
-WiFi is expensive ~$20/day I think.
-There is a breakfast buffet downstairs which did look good but it is also expensive, about $16 or so. With Garden City so close there's plenty of better places for a feed.
-No outside area/balcony. Not really a big deal as being close to Logan Rd would make a balcony somewhat dull anyway. The view isn't really what you stay here for.

That's about it. Overall I enjoyed the stay very much and would recommend it to others. Not sure how well it would go for families though, there's not really anything in the way of activities for kids and the double room I stayed in wasn't terribly large. Probably best for business, or couples looking for a nice place to stay close to shops.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank garion046
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

All feedback whether positive or constructive is welcomed and valued not only by myself but by the whole Travelodge Team.

I am please you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Calgary
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I chose this hotel primarily on price and the reputation of Travelodge for decent accommodation and Garden City came through for me. The room was clean and comfortable, had a sink and fridge, and air conditioning controllable by the guest. Oddly, the room had two narrow beds, only 36" wide. It was comfortable and I had a great sleep, and wasn't really a problem, but it was so narrow!

Breakfast was tasty and had good variety, but I'd appreciate more fruit options to go with the fruit cocktail and yoghurt. Like all of the other hotels and AUS and NZ that I've stayed in, this hotel charges steep prices for internet access. In the digital age, charging for wifi is like charging for TV or for shower soap.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and found that I received good value for my money. I would be willing to stay here again on another trip to Brisbane

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank D M
Dear Guest

I am please you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again in future travels.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We just traveled for the first time with our 6 month old daughter and the staff at Travelodge made it so easy for us. We had hired a portacot from them which they had already assembled and made up for us when we arrived and they gave us an extra large room because they knew we had a baby. ALL the staff were lovely and friendly, the room clean and tidy, and the beds comfortable. The 24 hour reception also makes it very covenient. We were very happy with our stay. Thank you :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sylvia B
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Guests

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback from your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City.

I am pleased to hear that we not only met your expectations but exceeded them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was working at Griffith University Nathan Campus and remebered this hotel from a previous visit. In serious need of refurbishment. although had booked sometime ago was out in a "disabled" room. As I am not disabled the facilities all being at wheelchair height made it very awkward. Room clean but very uninspiring decor. No on site restaurant and as I didn't have a car told to "go over to shopping centre where there's a food court" Goodness knows where you go if it's not late night shopping! Breakfast very basic. Will look for somewhere else in the future

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank StargazerMelbourne
tgcy, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Guest

I appreciate you have taken the time to review your recent stay at Travelodge Garden City. While I am quite surprised by your comments, I respect everyone is entitled to their own tastes and preferences.

Our property has always only offered a breakfast service, however there are restaurants that deliver and restaurants in both walking and driving distance (non Food Courts). We also offer a food option for the hotel rooms.

I hope this information assists you when next planning to travel.

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Have stayed here three times.

PROS: Only 6 or 7 years old, near Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre and the South East Busway station to downtown Brisbane, adjacent to Australian Tax Office premises (if on business), Foxtel cable TV, good beds, fridge, 4 star finish, very clean, reasonable rates ($130 AUD incl tax approx), quiet. Good access to M1 freeway to Gold Coast (45 mins) and to central Brisbane if driving (20 mins).

CONS: No on site bar or restaurant (except a breakfast room), a 10 minute dimly lit walk at night to restaurants at Garden City mall and to busway station, No issue if you drive. No mini bar so BYO for fridge. No covered parking but it's free.

PS Lots of pensioner bus tours use this hotel due to its value.

Room Tip: For best rate check the hotel's own website for best price and compare with on line sites like w...