Base Brisbane Uptown
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$151
Hilton
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$116
$110
Hotels.com
$137
$100
$95
  • Pool
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$116
$113
Marriott Hotels
$137
$110
Agoda.com
$62
  • Pool
All reviewsguilty roguebar attachedtravel deskeast coast tripfemale dormgreyhound buscleaned dailytransit centernear the train stationenjoyed my staystayed longergood nights sleeproom keythe location is perfectacross the roadsouth bankensuite
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is slightly better than the base central! Some reception staff need to work on their customer service and cheer up! Rooms okay, clean beds but bathroom was grubby! Don't like the en-suite bathrooms in the rooms as I would rather males and females had separate bathrooms! Reasonable price but wouldn't rush back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

After losing my wallet I panicked but the kept my passport till I sorted the money
Room was smelly for a couple of day but cleaners sorted it
Bathroom cleaners could do a better job but I guess I'm fussy after house keeping

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staff were friendly at this hostel and the location is great for getting about Brisbane and for the Transit centre. However, our dorm was small, smelly and noisy. Granted, I'm not the best at staying in hostels and we got a good price for the beds but being quiet after midnight wasn't really enforced and we had guests arriving in the middle of the night who kept the lights on and were very noisy. You could also hear the other guests in the other rooms and downstairs throughout the night. The decor and facilities were very outdated and the bathroom was in need of a good scrub. Although we didn't get the time to eat/drink at the pub the menu looked good and it was always busy. I was glad we only had one night here, if we were to stay another night I would be paying for an upgrade to a smaller, private room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night in transit and it was very convenient. The Scottish girl at reception was very nice. Base uptown is very easy to get to from the airport and the pub downstairs offers good food and drink at good prices.

For 22aud per night, no complaints.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a great stay first and last problem was other guests having there belongings everywhere making it difficult for staff to clean. But was great to see housekeepers come through and clean the room then a cleaner comes after to do the bathroom. Location and staff were perfect and very nice and helpful. The bar's food is above/better than any other back packer bar/grill I have tried with a ever changing menu that is pushing the boundaries. I only cooked once upstairs and was lucky with only one other group cooking so lots of space and utensils. But as per usual the Base location always is the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo