Base Brisbane Uptown
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguilty roguebar attachedtravel deskeast coast tripfemale dormgreyhound buscleaned dailytransit centernear the train stationenjoyed my staystayed longergood nights sleeproom keythe location is perfectacross the roadsouth bankensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I first arrived, the reception staff seemed to be a bit on edge, which was a bit off putting to me, however, when I started my check-in process everything was fine. I was booked into a 10 bed dorm, which I usually don't have any problem doing, but this room was full of guys that appeared to have been staying there for quite a while. Their belongings were all over the room and I had to dig around to find space to put my bag for the night. The bathroom had been cleaned, but the guys had been leaving their things in there, so it was clear that the staff was working around that. The location is good, a short walk from the bus/train station, but the sign on the outside of the building is still the sign from the previous hostel that was located there, making it hard to find right away. Overall, not bad for a one night stay, but I might try to find a different place for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer D, Manager at Base Brisbane Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Hi kward09.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we take all of our guest’s feedback on board so that we can make any necessary improvements to enhance our guests stay.

You’ll be happy to know that we are considering getting under bed luggage storage which will definitely de-clutter those bigger dorms and make more available space. We have a great housekeeping team and we always strive to please all of our guests, but obviously sometimes it is hard to clean if there are many belongings in the way. We deep clean our dorm rooms on a regular basis to try and avoid the clutter that can be created from long term guests.

Unfortunately due to the changeover there are some things that still need to be updated and obviously our signage is one of them. We are currently working on it and trust me this is something that I want just as badly as the guests do.

Thank you again for your comments and if you do come back to Brisbane and stay with us I hope that we can impress you. Safe travels and enjoy Australia.

The Crew at Base Brisbane Uptown : )

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here one night, great location in central Brisbane. I had a single room, it was comfortable and quiet. (See pictures) The A/C worked well. The bathroom was ok, the water pressure and temperature were changeable in the shower. The batteries in the TV remote were dead, also the TV reception was poor. No free WIFI.

What was really annoying, was early in the evening a DJ from the bar was yelling through the hotel room fire alarm speaker about specials in the bar /restaurant.

Slept well.

This is a good cheap place in central Brisbane.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer D, Manager at Base Brisbane Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Bill D,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out to send in a review of our hostel. We really use the feedback from our guests too improve our hostel. It looks like to us that you enjoyed your overall stay with us that really makes our day:)

I'm glad to read that you liked your room and found Base Uptown good value. This is something that we really focus on and want to give our customers the best for their buck!

With the early evening the bar do like to let our guests know of any specials and events going on that night but they are kept short and won't do any announcements from 9pm so that our guests can rest. Sorry that this did annoy you though, that was not our aim at all.

Happy travels and come back and visit us soon:)

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Three weeks here and could have stayed longer.. One of the best hostels I stayed in.. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday.Reception was always very helpful. The price of the Internet was the best I've came across. Tinbillys bar downstairs was great fun and food and beer was pretty cheap.

• Stayed: April 2013
Jennifer D, Manager at Base Brisbane Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Pecksterbyrne,

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us and we definitely loved having you here! We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and having a great atmosphere for our guests. Hope we can see you again soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Base Brisbane Uptown is a fab place to stay, we stayed there while we were in Brisbane before going to east coast and everyone was so friendly! The Bar is awesome with well price food and it is such good food! Nathan on reception was so lovely as we were checking in later than normal all in all a good place to stay if your backpacking and want to meet people

Room Tip: if you want a quieter night sleep try for levels 2 and up
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Katie Huskie,

Thank you so much for your amazing review on our hostel. Our main goal is to have guests leaving with a smile and it seems like you did just that. Yay:)

We're so happy to hear you loved our staff(especially Mr Nathan), and enjoyed our bar and restaurant too!

Come back and visit us again soon! Happy Happy Travels:)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Decided to stay at this Hostel as it was close to rainway station Roma Station and I wanted to come from Airport to City by train. Is very close to the main part of the City and has a lot of fast food places close by.

Stayed in a 4 bed room but there was only me and another guy in it so that was good. Still seemed a little expensive but cheaper than a hotel by myself. Staff were very frendly but the hostel was a little dirty especially the bathroom which the room had to itself.

Nice bar downstairs that opens to the street. Food was reasonable cost and good. I only stayed one night as I was going to stay with friends but I would stay here again because of the location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Hey Josh L,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hostel. I’m so sorry that the bathroom was a little dirty when you stayed with us, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and obviously this time it was not up to our usual standard. We have a great housekeeping team and we always strive to please all of our guests.

I am very pleased to hear that you hopefully we will back to stay with us and if you do we hope to exceed your expectations and hope you have a fantastic stay with us. Thank you very much for you taking your time to give us your feedback we greatly appreciate it.

The Crew at Base Brisbane Uptown