Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kangaroo Motel(Brisbane)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmain roadequipped kitchenwe booked a bedroom apartmentupon checkapartment was cleansouth bankthe riversouthbankshampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had looked at the reviews for this place before we signed on for the 10-days we were there. Yes it was an older place, but this is where we wanted to be. We checked other places out once we got there, just down the street, and realized that we didn't do too bad. Yes the photo's can be misleading, but we can't complain. One of the reviews was don't stay up front, the traffic noise is bad, so we asked for a back side room and got the request. Asked for not 2nd or 3rd floor, and again our request was granted. Saying that, our place on the first floor, was huge for the family of four that stayed there at night and still big enough for the extended family during the day of up to but not limited to 6 more people.
I can;t say there wasn't any problems, well there were, but every problem was answered by the front desk people with no problem. I will let you know that there was a mold problem in one of the bedrooms, the washer needed to be serviced, the bathroom facet dripped and there were some bugs and ants. The management sent over a professional bug sprayer company to battle the bugs, and gave us a can of bug spray until they arrived. The mold was not discovered until the last few days we were there, it was bought to the management's attention, along with the washer and the dripping facet. We asked for more towels and they were more then willing to get us more towels and no extra charge. Your waste was emptied daily.
Would I stay there again, sure why not. I was disappointed that they didn't have free wifi and they computer up at the main office didn't work, and they didn't know how much it cost or how long your money would last to operate the computer.
The bus system was one block away, the grocery store also just past the bus system, and the restaurants were not too bad, just don't order a mushroom burger if you want beef! just an inside joke with the family.
I agree not a 5-star place, but a good 4-star place. I hope the management responds, we enjoyed out place. Our room number 33. We had cousins that stayed in 26 or something like that, there room was smaller then our deluxe place, the price again was more then compairable to the local hotel (ours 140/night the econo lodge 129/night) but mind you we had room and they just had a room.

Room Tip: get rooms in the back of the place, ask for downstairs, bigger balcony, deluxe is the way to go
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

"If you are going to say mean things about them, make sure you point out that the woman at the front desk went way beyond the call of duty to help us." - My partner and travel companion.

She did. To the point where we brought her a gift before our departure.

That said....

This place was the most overpriced, over rated dump I have ever stayed in. Let me give you another quote from my partner...

"I would sure like to meet the person who took the photos of this place because they did an AMAZING job selling it as more than it is".

And there you have it. An expensive stay that would have been a disappointment at HALF the price, was pretty much a rip off for what we paid. I was only here one night (my partner and her mom had arrived the night before, so they were at the location two evenings) and that was MORE than enough.

The problem is that options in this area are somewhat limited and hotels downtown are really expensive, but honestly, if we had to do it again we would NOT stay here, and I recommend that you don't....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoGoBear
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in late July, fantastic location, great facilities very close by. Is definitely not 5 star accommodation and perhaps the 4 star rating is a little generous, however for the price it's fine. The staff were very pleasant and obliging, and the rooms although a little shabby and outdated were clean and functional, I was very impressed by the comfortable beds, they were definitely 4 star. If you want to stay at the Hilton, then you will need to pay for the Hilton!!! Some people are just too fussy and expect champagne on a beer budget in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Someone booked this place for my partner and I and we weren't keen given the reviews and traveler photos on here. We stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom apartment in June 2013. It was OK for the price in terms of having a comfortable place to sit and sleep. The road noise was less noticeable after one night. My only gripes are cleanliness, the dindgy bathroom and over kill on condescending signage throughout the apartment warning you of how much you're up for if you do this or that. The bathroom was the worst with barely any light, dirty screens and general 'icky' feeling. Being clean is one of the most important things; you don't need to be reminded of how many others you're sharing the toilet and shower with. Price shouldn't dictate cleanliness.

In terms of location, it's only a ferry stop across from shopping and restaurants. Everything is pretty close in Brisbane.

I would recommend this only for budget travelers who aren't particularly fussy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra O
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A couple of us went to Brisbane for a girls weekend away.. as it was a bit last minute we had limited choice, and the reviews of this place didn't give me too much confidence, but i booked a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment we got was clean and relatively new. Nice little outdoor area and everything you would expect from a service apartment.
The only thing i would agree with from some of the other reviewers are yes it is noisy as it is right next to a major road.. the good news is it is very close to Southbank about a ($7) cab ride, also if you walk about 2k down the street you can catch a free ferry ride to south bank, there is also a major bus station about a block away.. but if you have 2 people or more it is cheaper to catch a cab as the bus ticket are about $4.
happy travells

Room Tip: our apartment for apartment 30 next to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends