“HELLHOLE”

Ranked #108 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
SYDNEY
“HELLHOLE”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Biggest HELLHOLE we have ever stayed in.MOULDY sheets on 1 bed.Bathroom full of mould,toilet that would not flush so had to keep going across the busy road to use Mcdonalds facilities(thankyou Mcdonalds)Dirty pool.Cockroaches crawling everywhere in unit at night.Aircon duct falling off & filfthy.Exhaust fan in bathroom very noisy & filfthy.No sleep due to high road use noise 24hrs.No parking spot.Why did we stay 2 nights?We had driven around for 2 days trying to find accommadation but everything was either closed down or full.We had no choice as we had a family member undergoing a serious operation to remove major cancer.We were all grief stricken & in shock as cancer diagnosis & operation was very sudden.Now we are back home more than 1000 kilometres away & suffering from mould poisoning.Coping with a loved one with cancer is traumatic enough without the disgustingness of such a filfth pit.This place should be closed down by the health department.I shall be contacting all relevant bodies to look into this filfthy substandard place.4 stars my backside.Maybe at the best 1 star.I hope whoever owns this pit reads this & pulls their finger out & cleans up & stops ripping people off & playing with their health.Karma is a certain.This place should also be prosecuted for false advertising as the photos on websites are not what this crap heap really looks like.You would be better off sleeping on a park bench.DO NOT EVER RISK YOUR LIFE & STAY HERE.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank solar4me

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Queensland
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here for one night in December 2010. We stayed in unit 14. While the traffic noise wasn't a problem. The people talking VERY loudly from 5am is a problem.

The apartment is basic, lounges are comfy and there is a kitchen in the apartment. Air con in kitchen works well. But there is no air con or fans in the bedrooms. Bedroom windows don't shut but only close over.

The bathroom is tiny and the shower head was dirty.

I was not expecting the Hilton but the photos on their websites are not like what they apartments really are.

Would I stay here again? No.

Would I recommend this place? No.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Brisbane
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I don't know how this place got it's star rating. It's a joke. Non-smoking room absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. Filthy! Cockroaches everywhere. The kitchen cupboards were so dirty that I felt like I had to wash my hands each time I opened a cupboard. I asked the cleaner to clean them and she came back in with a ladder but I don't know what she did as the were exactly the same when she left. Bathrooms moldy. The mirror had not been cleaned and was covered in toothpaste spray when we got there and stayed exactly the same way for the 3 weeks we were there. Just really gross. And the noise.......

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Locallocal77
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Unit didn't look like the one we stayed in from the photos on website, The Traffic noise was soo intense i had to use airplugs The bed was that uncomfortable that you could see the indent from others that have slept in it before us. There was three of us the first night and only enough hot water for 2 showers. The tv didnt work well and had to tune it in ourselves. Would not recomend this place to anyone. Could do with a lift as well being 3 storeys high. Maybe they should take some better photos of the dingy side we stayed on and double glaze the apartments and seal under the doors so it istn so noisy,

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I felt some trepidation about staying at Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments after reading some of the critical reviews, but cannot now understand the fuss. Yes there is traffic noise. But what can you expect being on the corner of two busy roads in inner suburban Brisbane? I actually hardly noticed the traffic noise at all. I could hear it at times but it certainly didn't bother me. We stayed in one of the deluxe apartments and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was clean, spacious, secure and most comfortable. It was worth the rate we paid.

Now, no hotel/holiday apartments is perfect and these are the problems I noticed with Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments. While the room was spotlessly clean when we arrived, there was a slightly strong smell of air freshener. The hot water could have been a bit hotter (but I like my showers hot). The car parking space was a bit squeezy, but in no way impossible.

I am usually very quick to criticise and will only recommend accommodation if I really feels it earns a recommendation. I am most happy to recommend Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments (the deluxe suites). I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
vic
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We had the deluxe room rated 4 star, I would give it two and a half. Three adults one bathroom with toilet and laundry in the bathroom, shower over a very small bath, provided us with one bath towel each, one hand towel for 5 days??? Having stayed at a lot of 4 and 5 star apartments this was disappointing, as it is on Main Rd I was expecting traffic noise however it is never ending, no way can you relax and just chill. No security doors or fly wire couldnt leave a door or window open of an evening. Swimming pool was freezing. Appartment was quite nice though a bit small, staff were nice and helpfull, If its a short stay with husband and child it may be ok , I would look for something better and off the Main Road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
sydney
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We stayed at this well-located apartment, and we rented a baby cot from the reception . My 9 months baby was sleeping at night and I came to see everything was fine with her, when I saw lots- like 50- bugs around her, between the sheets and in her pijamas, and on top of her. I turned on the lights and saw they were ticks ands fleas!!! Almost got a heart attack. It was FULL of them.
We spoke to the people in charge, at the middle of the night, and wenhad to improvise a bed for our baby . The next couple of days we stayed there we weren´t able to talk to the manager nor to the owner. The hotel staff bought a new cot and gave it to us so our baby could sleep there the next day. It seems that the place were they kept the baby cots was very dirty and full of this bugs.
Anyway, they also refund us 60 AUS dollars from an upgrade we made when we arrive to the hotel, since we changed to a better room than the one we had booked online.
The manager called when we had already left the city, to say they were sorry, but we really think that what they did was not enough for the bad experience we lived and the responsability they had for what happened.
Now we feel really responsible for the parents that might go to that hotel withs kids- think it twice before you go! And if you do, check that the cots are not full ok ticks and fleas!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family