“A pleasant surprise”

Quality Inn Airport Heritage
Ranked #136 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed December 29, 2011

After staying at "Best Western Airport Hacienda Hotel" nearby - on our way to the Solomon Islands - we were lucky to get a room in this hotel on our way back to Hong Kong 21to 22nd Dec 2011! Clean, refurbished, functional, well run - exactly what one needs for a short stay! Friendly reception people (might be the owner?)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Airport Heritage

Reviewed October 29, 2011

The only good thing was the friendly lady at check-in and the resteraunt that is attached was quite good. The rest was equivellant to a $30 a night run down Motel in Timbucktoo. never again.
3 nights in hell.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank RogueAmbassador
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed one night at this property as we had a flight the next morning. I did a lot of research as to where we should stay as I wanted something a little special. I assumed being 4.5 star that it would be a bit above average... I was wrong. When we arrived at the hotel I walked into the reception where a young male just looked up at me and didn't say a thing. I said "hi how are you?" and he didn't respond. If I hadn't already paid for the accommodation I would have turned around and chosen somewhere else. The male then got me to sign something and when I questioned him as to what it was he was really dismissive and told me not to worry about it. We took the lift to our room, there was a funny smell in the corridor. The room was clean but pretty average. No flyscreen on the door so you can't let fresh air in. The sliding door was really hard to open and close. The shower was over a bath and there was no fan. They also do not do room service on weekends so we were forced to go out to find food. If it was budget accommodation then i would expect this but we paid over $170 for the night so expected a bit more. I did speak to the manager the next day regarding the poor service the day before and he said he would address it. Would i stay here again? No.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RachaelC78
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Didn't wish to stay here but forced to after a cock-up by Wotif, had a much nicer place booked - won't be using Wotif again. Basic but ok room, globe missing in bed lamp. Room service quick and adequate. Comfortable bed but one of the top three worst showers I have ever had - not just bad but dangerous. Took several minutes to get the temperature anywhere near right and then it fluctuated drastically, a couple times scalding hot to the point that a child could've been hurt. As it was my pregnant belly did not much appreciate it and I felt ill afterwards. And ZERO pressure, for us long haired gals, it took ages to get the shampoo out, an absolute shocker! One of my pet hates for hotels are those who ring at 10 on the dot and ask why u haven't checked out - these people rang at 10 TO TEN!! At least I had their woeful shower as an excuse. Avoid!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Can't say a great deal about this place. It is at a good location, right on the main road to the airport so it is convenient to overnight prior to an early flight out of Brisbane. However, all hotels in the area are convenient so this does not make this particular hotel stand out.

Rooms are reasonable size, clean and comfortable. Do not bother paying the higher room tariff for a "spa room". The "spa" is nothing more than a couple water jets in a small sized ordinary bath tub.

The price of this and all hotels in the region are always ridiculous. An ordinary room at a stupid high price. In this hotel, I paid a "discount rate" of $170 a night so it is hardly worth that just for a clean comfortable and convenient location to sleep.

The main negative I have of this hotel was that "in room served" breakfast did not have milk for the coffee. I asked the young waiter to provide and he said he would get some straight away. 20 minutes later.... still waiting. Went to reception asking for milk to which the lady said she would call them straight away. We checked out an hour after that and still no milk was delivered. When I paid the bill, they deducted the extra charge they added for the milk I did not receive and also deducted the cost of the coffee since it had gone cold while waiting for milk that was never received..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarwinAustralia
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I arrived on a late flight which was delayed so we got in past 2am and missed our car pickup (airline's fault, not hotel's) so we took a cab to the hotel. Fare was about S$25. As it was past the hotel's reception hours, our keys were left in a safe and we had no problems getting in. There's a phone outside so you can call and ask for assistance. There's a lift so even though we were on the second floor it was not a problem. We took a Deluxe Room meant for 4 adults and we had 3 adults plus a baby so my sister slept on the sofa bed which was comfy enough for her. Room and toilet was clean and as we only needed a short night rest, the room was fine for us. Rate was a bit pricey as we paid A$159 (considering we were in at 3am and out by 10am) but we booked late also. Duty manager Tammy at the reception was really nice and polite when we checked out the following day. Internet available at a charge at reception area but we didnt use. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The reception staff were rude , mean , and they where wearing torn shirts , not dressed properly , horrible attitude towards customers , pathetic behavior and were not happy when we complained about things. The pool had not been cleaned for months , the rooms were not vacuumed and they had a dirty awful smell , the outdoor chairs on the balcony had pigeon / crow excrement on them. The restaurant was closed for our entire stay , and the staff made no mention of it while making the booking or even on arrival. The reception staff were not able to give us fresh towels when requested , and they did not even give us tea bags , coffee powder , milk , sugar etc and also dish-washing tablets when requested. While checking us out , the lady was in a massive rush after wishing her good morning twice she felt obligated to wish me back with a frown on her face. Being a first choice privileged member I was given this type of service , I have never ever experienced such a horrible treatment from the front office staff. There was not communication between the staff members regarding our booking , which led to confusion at check - in , it took us over 2 hours to get a room and that too was given to me after i lost my temper and argued with the manager on Duty , there is a massive lack of ownership and responsibility for inconveniences caused to the customers.

On the positive side. The room was spacious and well furnished the bathrooms were clean and the floors were dry , the motel is very close to the freeway / airport so that is a good thing.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple