“Great value”

Brisbane Riverview Hotel
Ranked #36 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Simple rooms, but comfortable. We only paid $120 a night and thought it was good value. Great location, easy to walk To southbank, city and to suncorp stadium if your going for a sport event. Breakfast buffet was good for $15 extra. Would recommend for value and location in Brisbane.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here on the 21/22 of June. For the price I paid I was expecting a nice hotel not a badly old fashioned hotel that's in dire need of renovation. We stayed in a room which was next to the elevator, with paper thin walls it was all I heard for most of the night. The room itself was very basic and the bathroom had all the signs of being 70/80 years old.
As I stayed here for the lions rugby weekend I was shocked to find the residents bar closes at 11pm, right before any supporters had a chance to get back from the game. (I was not the only resident annoyed by this either).

My advice is stay elsewhere, for the same money you will get a lovely modern hotel in the city or airport. On the up side the staff are very nice to deal with.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Worldexplorer1989
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the Riverview for two nights.
It is close enough to the airport that it doesn't take long to get there.
Staff were all friendly and helpful.
Everything we needed was within walking distance and withthe city cat ferries just up the road it was easy to get around.
We found the room very comfortable and very clean.
We spent an enjoyable hour at the bar when we got back from our show and enjoyed breakfast the next morning.
I won't hesitate to go back next time we are going to Brisbane

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shireen B
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here for only one night with freinds. Staff were very accommodating and happy to recommend god places to eat. Close to the river and very convenient for the airport and great bars & steaks within walking distance

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My room was clean with a good view. The bathroom could do with a makeover and was looking a little dated. The bed was comfortable. The hotels position is excellent being close to The City Cat Ferry, Newstead House, The Breakfast Creek Hotel, Fortitude Valley and the City are all within minutes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
R1verV1ew, Director of Sales at Brisbane Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear valued traveller, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Brisbane. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location and our team exceeded your expectations with their efficient service. We welcome the opportunity of having you stay with us when next you visit Brisbane.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Several family members stayed in this hotel recently as we all attended a wedding nearby.
The service was excellent, the room clean and overlooked the river. The breakfast was first class.
This would be a great place to stay if you had a few days in Brisbane. Close to the airport, City and the river ferry.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kae F
Reviewed April 20, 2013

During a recent business trip I stayed at the Brisbane Riverview Hotel. I arrived late at night, but despite that the front desk was expecting my arrival with a warm greeting and excellent service. I was traveling on a cash per diem, which sometimes causes trouble with a room deposit; yet the night manager cheerfully arranged to hold my deposit in cash, and then refunded it fully upon my departure. The room was very nice, with and excellent bed, and a range of in-room amenities. The price was very reasonable considering my last minute booking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business