“Good hotel at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brisbane Riverview Hotel

Brisbane Riverview Hotel
Ranked #21 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
brisbane
“Good hotel at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Pleasantly surprised with what we got for the $99 it cost us to stay here. The hotel included a late checkout, a river view room and 2 free drinks. It is positioned an easy drive to the city and is on a regular bus route for those who do not have a vehicle. The rooms was of a reasonable size with plush furnishings. The hotel was in the process of having the rooms refurbished. I did not think they were that bad except the bathroom which was a bit tired. We even got a choice of pillows on request. Staff were very attentive and pleasant.The restaurant at the hotel has a pleasant outlook and a reasonable menu. Unfortunately the restaurant has to compete with the Breakfast Creek Hotel which is just a stone's throw away. Terrific location for night racing at ALbion Park which is also just a short strole away. We will certainly stay there again and can't wait to see the renovations when completed.

Room Tip: Ask for river view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trippenBrisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for work.
Good location relative to work, but nit for a tourist.
Great source staff.
food overpriced, go around the corner to brekky creek.
Rooms a bit dated, but super comfy beds.
Overall, it suits my needs, but I wouldn't stay here as a tourist, it's too far out of the city.

• Stayed November 2012
Fortrose, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Weekend stopover at this hotel left us seriously underwhelmed and greatly out of pocket. Expensive, out of the way, tired rooms, hyperinflated charge for very ordinary breakfast at 36 dollars per head, pool unswimmable, spa bath not working .......... usually I have no positive things to say about this hotel other than very positive advice ........ Don't use it. The spacious room and view was diminished by noisy 6 lanes of traffic between the hotel and the river.
Brisbane generally felt like rip-off city of Australia! Second visit. We will never return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here as it was close to airport and I was flying 20 hours in a plane next day and wanted good nights sleep and quality hotel.

First thing, I wanted to print boarding pass. I asked where is the business center. I got a funny look and they said it's just a room with an old slow computer. Well it was in fact that. Total joke. I have stayed at 2 star places with a better place to print something. This was a closet by the back office with a phone switch in it. Dirty, and the computer was the slowest thing I have ever used.

After 15 minutes, a couple of browser crashes I gave up on printing my boarding pass. That cost me 45 min the next day at airport.

The rooms are dated, have antiquated systems (air condition is the oddest thing I have ever seen). I cannot believe I paid $220 for this place, and that was via Hotwire which just upsets me even more. Hotwire said it was 4.5 star, which is a half star under 5, right?

Wow, what a rip off.

The only reason it gets 2 out of 5 from me is that most of the people that worked there were friendly, and the room service breakfast was delivered ontime (although without salt/pepper/ and sugar) and I paid for eggss and a big pot of coffee.

Would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: don't expect to be able to print anything.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank McDanielism_DC
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

In Brisbane for work - will always stay here when I have to go to Bris from now on. First impression was the very pleasant front desk staff. Friendly and helpful. Room was very spacious and comfortable. Bed and pillows comfy. I actually enjoyed the more traditional decor which was a bit of a change to the norm these days. Sure, a bit of a refurb would probably be good but I hope this place doesn't lose it's character in the process. 2 minute walk to Breakfast Creek Hotel for excellent dinner. I didn't eat breakfast but others I travelled with did and all were happy with what they had. Check out easy and staff were again excellent including very friendly door staff who helped us with our bags to the taxi. All in all a good stay and would be happy to recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob1404
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stay here 4 nights a year at the same time each year with work. The undercover free parking is a bonus but get in early as it fills up quickly.

The location is excellent to the city and airport. Reception staff are the most friendly and helpful we have ever come across. The rooms one would consider old world charm possibly with some future updating. The views of the river and surrounding areas very pleasing to the eyes.

Internet access too costly. Better off using your own. Housekeeping need to pick up their act as the bathroom was only partially cleaned each day during our stay.

Breakfast was very tasty and plentiful and good selection on the menu. For fitness fanatics like myself, the pathway along the river is excellent for jogging/walking.

One negative but not really a biggie is the elevators in a morning. House keeping have one locked and leaves only one for guests trying to get down to reception. Can be a painful wait if you are in a hurry.

Overall we enjoy our stays here and look forward to next year's stay.

Room Tip: Get a river-view room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WE_R_OFF_and_RACING
BrisbaneRiverview, General Manager at Brisbane Riverview Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thankyou for your review and I am glad you enjoy your stay with us each year. The hotel is currently planning a refurbishment and we hope to commence in the next few months with an upgrade to our internet being part of it.
I have also followed up your comments on our housekeeping and have passed them onto our Executive Housekeeper.
Once again thanks for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
KInd regards
Brett Whicker
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had a 10 day stay here for work.

As already mentioned, the decor is of the olde worlde style. Not a big deal, except the dark colours made my room feel rather claustrophobic. Other rooms with more of an open plan design were much lighter.

It's situated on a busy road and location is a compromise between city and airport access. Good position if you want an easy transit to both. Also convenient to the Valley, river and other restaurants/cafes.

I stayed on about the 6th floor and never noticed any traffic noise, but I am a heavy sleeper.

I submitted my details for their in-house loyalty program, and in spite of qualifying for a reward, never heard from them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank DocFreeman
Thankyou for your feedback and I am gald you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is currently in the planning stages of a complete refurbishment and we hope to commence in the next few months.
In regards to our viewpoints program if you can email your details to sales.rv@viewhotels.com.au we will followup and ensure your points are rewarded. I am unsure of why the delay occured and can only apologise.
Regards