“Stayed twice - will stay again”

Brisbane Riverview Hotel
Ranked #37 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed January 18, 2012

OK I obtained a good deal, $150, an up grade to a river view room and breakfast for 2 ins.

The staff are all excellent, very friendly & helpful. Gave good directions to get there, turn in by the BP servo. Excellent for the airport.

The rooms are clean, linen very good and all facilities excellent. . only 2 bath towels, could do with 4 in this class of hotel. Didn't hear any road noise as commented in a previous post and the lighting was good. Air conditioning a little noisy but didn't prevent sleep.

On my 2nd stay a welcome back note and offers of 1 free drink. I forgot to order the newspaper, they remembered my choice.

Excellent buffet and served breakfast,

Room Tip: 304 or 604
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here as we were going to Fright Night at Movie World. The staff on duty were wonderful. We were able to check in early, use the computer and printer with no charge to print our tickets. Also we received no unusual looks from the staff when we walked through reception in our scary costumes.
The room was huge with a balcony. The beds and bedding were so comfortable, so a good nights sleep was inevitable.
Breakfast was also great. The staff were so friendly, and the food was beautiful.
Upon checkout, a taxi was ordered which was quick to arrive.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we would definitely stay here upon our next trip to Brisbane.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We used this hotel as an overnighter after/before flying in/out of Brisbane. The room was clean, one of the single beds was very uncomfortable, but enough room to put the mattress on the floor. A few choices of restaurants within walking distance, a 7/11 close by too and if you want a novel way to go into the city the city cat is very close and a nice way to see different things. The shower is old, but ok.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed at the riverview for 1 week in November 2011 for work. My room had a living area with a separate bedroom, no door separating the 2. The bedroom area had no air cond, so I relied on the air conditioner in the living area to work overtime to cool the place down. Rooms are getting a bit old & tacky, lighting was very poor, just lamps. The bathroom is old, with carpet in the area with the wash basin & mirror. Room service was pretty average, expensive & nothing exciting. Pretty average stay, no drawcard to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I'd read through everyone else's reviews prior to my stay, so had a good idea of what to expect. I'd certainly agree with some statements - if you miss the turnoff when coming from the airport, things could get very messy! Luckily I didn't, but it wouldn't be a good experience for a visitor.
The hotel is on a busy road, and the traffic noise - especially in the morning - was pretty bad, even on the 7th floor. Earplugs a must for the light sleeper here. Internet access was steep - how does $24.95 per day sound? Room service wasn't cheap, though the one meal I had was quite good, and the service prompt and friendly.
That's the negative stuff out of the way. On the positive side, all the staff I met were friendly and efficient. My riverview room did indeed have an excellent view. The room itself was big and comfortable, with only the bathroom showing a few signs of wear and tear. The bed was VERY comfortable, there was a two-seater couch, dining table with two chairs, and a writing desk. Good-sized flat-screen TV as well.
The hotel also had easily-accessed underground parking, plus a pool and gym. (Didn't get to use either of the latter). It's very close to the famous Breakfast Creek Hotel, one of Brisbane's best-known watering holes - and for good reason! Also close to the Albion Park Raceway (horse racing, that is) - that being said, if your room faced that way, the floodlights from the night racing would be pretty off-putting. There're also some other eateries beyond the Breakfast Creek Hotel. If you wanted to do any kind of self-catering, or wanted to check out other eateries/cafes etc, you're in for either a quick drive or a longish walk. Your best bet is back towards the airport, in Racecourse Road in Hamilton. Pretty much anything you'd want there, including a supermarket, restaurants, cafes, pharmacy etc.
Overall, I'd be happy to stay here again, but I'd make sure I packed my earplugs!

Room Tip: Higher rooms would have less road noise. Elevators seemed a bit noisy when travelling in them, so ma...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had this trip arranged for an overnight before making a very long journey to US to visit our daughter. The staff were indeed very helpful, thank you Dennis. The big dissapointment began with the poor lighting inside the room, very difficult to see our 'bill' we had a view of the racecourse not the river and for pensioners on a budget we found it to be very costly to get to the airport when we thought there would be a free shuttle bus, the majority of hotels charging these prices would offer that service. Wi-fi was not somethign we needed thank goodness I wouldn't ever pay a ridiculous price like that, who charges for wi-fi anyway???? The bathroom was very shabby, splitting from the bottom of the frame of the door and the tub had no finish left on it and looked a little dodgy. I don't think this would bear repeating, hugely dissapointing to spend all this money on one night when so much was lacking.

Room Tip: Pay more????
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Value poor. River view a misnomer. No free wi fi, expensive, difficult to get to if you miss turnoff, 1.5 percent for credit card. My room next to lift well, heard lift go up and down continually.

• Stayed: August 2011