Brisbane Riverview Hotel
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$131
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
$137
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$131
$109
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$156
$151
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$115
Arena Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$105
Agoda.com
All reviewsbreakfast creek hotelalbion parkbrisbane riverfamous breakfastnewstead houserace trackbrekky creekkingsford smith drivegreat hotelcoffee pod machineriver viewroad worksclose to the airportcruise terminalbusy roadpillow menucorner room
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed at the riverview for 1 week in November 2011 for work. My room had a living area with a separate bedroom, no door separating the 2. The bedroom area had no air cond, so I relied on the air conditioner in the living area to work overtime to cool the place down. Rooms are getting a bit old & tacky, lighting was very poor, just lamps. The bathroom is old, with carpet in the area with the wash basin & mirror. Room service was pretty average, expensive & nothing exciting. Pretty average stay, no drawcard to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I'd read through everyone else's reviews prior to my stay, so had a good idea of what to expect. I'd certainly agree with some statements - if you miss the turnoff when coming from the airport, things could get very messy! Luckily I didn't, but it wouldn't be a good experience for a visitor.
The hotel is on a busy road, and the traffic noise - especially in the morning - was pretty bad, even on the 7th floor. Earplugs a must for the light sleeper here. Internet access was steep - how does $24.95 per day sound? Room service wasn't cheap, though the one meal I had was quite good, and the service prompt and friendly.
That's the negative stuff out of the way. On the positive side, all the staff I met were friendly and efficient. My riverview room did indeed have an excellent view. The room itself was big and comfortable, with only the bathroom showing a few signs of wear and tear. The bed was VERY comfortable, there was a two-seater couch, dining table with two chairs, and a writing desk. Good-sized flat-screen TV as well.
The hotel also had easily-accessed underground parking, plus a pool and gym. (Didn't get to use either of the latter). It's very close to the famous Breakfast Creek Hotel, one of Brisbane's best-known watering holes - and for good reason! Also close to the Albion Park Raceway (horse racing, that is) - that being said, if your room faced that way, the floodlights from the night racing would be pretty off-putting. There're also some other eateries beyond the Breakfast Creek Hotel. If you wanted to do any kind of self-catering, or wanted to check out other eateries/cafes etc, you're in for either a quick drive or a longish walk. Your best bet is back towards the airport, in Racecourse Road in Hamilton. Pretty much anything you'd want there, including a supermarket, restaurants, cafes, pharmacy etc.
Overall, I'd be happy to stay here again, but I'd make sure I packed my earplugs!

Room Tip: Higher rooms would have less road noise. Elevators seemed a bit noisy when travelling in them, so maybe request a room away from them.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had this trip arranged for an overnight before making a very long journey to US to visit our daughter. The staff were indeed very helpful, thank you Dennis. The big dissapointment began with the poor lighting inside the room, very difficult to see our 'bill' we had a view of the racecourse not the river and for pensioners on a budget we found it to be very costly to get to the airport when we thought there would be a free shuttle bus, the majority of hotels charging these prices would offer that service. Wi-fi was not somethign we needed thank goodness I wouldn't ever pay a ridiculous price like that, who charges for wi-fi anyway???? The bathroom was very shabby, splitting from the bottom of the frame of the door and the tub had no finish left on it and looked a little dodgy. I don't think this would bear repeating, hugely dissapointing to spend all this money on one night when so much was lacking.

Room Tip: Pay more????
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Value poor. River view a misnomer. No free wi fi, expensive, difficult to get to if you miss turnoff, 1.5 percent for credit card. My room next to lift well, heard lift go up and down continually.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Geexx
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I came to Brisbane overnight for a getaway and decided to stay somewhere outside of the city. The Riverview Hotel was our choice and it was a good one.

Very friendly staff and clean, large rooms with very, very comfy beds. The room service was a bit pricey and unfortunately no in room wifi and the prices for broadband Ethernet use are too high.

Other then that it was a great stay and I'll definatley come back and I'll also try their Sydney and Melbourne counterparts.

• Stayed: August 2011