“I will stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brisbane Riverview Hotel
Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
“I will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I came to Brisbane overnight for a getaway and decided to stay somewhere outside of the city. The Riverview Hotel was our choice and it was a good one.

Very friendly staff and clean, large rooms with very, very comfy beds. The room service was a bit pricey and unfortunately no in room wifi and the prices for broadband Ethernet use are too high.

Other then that it was a great stay and I'll definatley come back and I'll also try their Sydney and Melbourne counterparts.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Only spent one night here and needed a last minute reservation. Pleased we chose Riverview. It's a lovely looking hotel with some classic interior touches.
Rooms were large - plenty of room for 2 adults and 1 chid with classic decor but bathroom let the room down - it needs an overhaul.
Breakfast was pretty good for a city hotel buffet breakfast - had a gorgeous waitress who really looked after us.
Reception staff were friendly and helpful.
Location good but not great - you really need a car as there's nothing in the immediate vicinity. We walked a fair distance for a ferry.
Our room had a view of the racecourse behind the hotel not the river sadly which would have been a big improvement I'm sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bologna, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I spent 260 $ for a large but old room. No wifi in room but only in the lobby and for 27$ crazy!
Shower was very old. Much noise from the street despite i was on the 7th floor. Even inside isolation is not very good. I could hear customer next door going to wc. Food in restaurant was good but pricy. I would never come back. For this price i cAn stay in much better HOTELS in the world.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank VANBREDA
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Had a work trip to Brisvegas and this hotel was selected for us. We were told it was close to the airport and it is actually closer to the city. No big deal, that is what taxis are for.

I have to say the welcome from the staff was great and they looked after our party very well.

The rooms are very traditionally decorated - think Laura Ashley (lots of wood and florals) but clean and well maintained. I was in a junior suite which was very comfortable and spacious. Bathroom was a reasonable size although a little odd to have the sink in a different area outside the main bathroom and it be carpeted!! The desk in the main room could be a little bigger and a couple more power points would be helpful.

The rooms command great views of the river and we all love a "room with a view".

Definately worth a shot outside the big city hotels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

Whilst the staff are indeed very accomodating, the food, rooms and bathrooms are very disappointing
Riverview Yes but traffic noise horrendous
Very overpriced and very over rated

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Elle045
Edmonton Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

Spent over 3 weeks in the hotel during a business trip. The best part about this hotel is the staff. They were always looking out for us. Making sure we had taxis with time to make all our meetings. We spent a lot of time in the zig zag lounge during lunch and a number of dinners in the restaurant and the meals are really well done. When we asked for them to get us something not on the menu they went out of there way to accomodate our requests.

The rooms are large. I stayed 2 different times over the month I was in Australia. The room facing the river was nice and had a small balcony. Only bad part was how loud the road is because of how busy the road is.

They charge for interenet whics unfortunately is the norm in Australia. $100/week

It is a 5 min walk to Breakfast Creek where you cna get good steak dinner. I recommend the rib steak. But other than this a bit of a hike or taxi to good restaurants in CBD or down by cruise ship launch

Rooms are somewhat expensive, but again this seems the norm for Australia and will be more so in Brisbane into the future becasue of how busy the city is.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

For full disclosure I need to tell all readers that I had a river view room, which was a plus.

The property was wonderful. The room was quite large with good amenities. The view from my room was phenomenal. The the gym and pool were adequate - I did not use the pool as my time was spent doing business meetings. I slept so well in the bed, one of the more comfortable beds I have experienced. Internet has a fee and seemed to fill my needs.

We did not eat at the hotel but did have coffee and drinks there. If you stop by the lounge for a attitude adjustment say hi to Bethany, she was a hoot and provided very friendly service. BTW everyone provided top notch service and all of our interaction with staff was very positive.

If you up for a walk or take a cab, we found a great weekend brunch cafe not to far from the hotel - Vagelis Cafe. Great food and atmosphere. All open air and it was about 82F (27C), which made me feel a bit guilty, because everyone at home was suffering with 18F (-8C). The food was great, service was exceptional and I will be back there for breakfast.

This property is located on the Brisbane River north shore about 3 mi (5k) East from the CBD. This puts it roughly half way between downtown and the airport. I thought this worked out for us as it was easy to get downtown using the City Cat from the Bretts landing or cabs. The Fri and Sat night rock in the CBD. We had a quick getaway when we left for the airport to return home.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business