“Good Dessert, GREAT Service.”
Review of Mud Dessert Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mud Dessert Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
brisbane
“Good Dessert, GREAT Service.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

After dining at West End for dinner, we decided to go somewhere for dessert and found on google Mud Dessert Bar - we ventured over as the times online list open till 11pm on a Tuesday.
We arrived at 9pm to be told that the kitchen has finished up but they would be happy to make us something if we decided quickly. It was good that they fitted us in - but a little annoying as the times state on the internet and I also noticed on their door that they are open till 11pm. Anyways we ordered and were brought water and not too long after our dessert. I ordered the deconstructed banoffee pie and my friend had the creme brulee. Dessert was great, the banoffee pie was perfect, just the right amount and perfect sizing so not to feel sickly after eating, and was garnished with persian fairy floss. The creme brulee was apparently cooked very well and tasty. I would like to come back here to try the tapas after reading other reviews. Glad they could fit us in for dessert but the information online and their door should be updated. Staff were really friendly though and to me friendly service goes a long way.

• Visited May 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Great food; awful service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've been to Mud three times and each time I've had the same experience: the food is great but the service is awful. There's an arrogance about the service as though guests of the restaurant should be grateful to be allowed to eat there.

Fortunately, the food is really good. That's why we have been back a few times.

• Visited December 2012
“Yummmmmm”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great selection of tapas.Particularly loved the pork belly, duck pancakes and hoi sin duck. We ate till our buttons burst. Would go back tomorrow.

• Visited April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“What a gem of a place!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a find this place was. I had had to go to Bulimba for a specialist appointment and, because I was on crutches and unable to drive, I inveigled a friend to take me by promising to buy dinner after my appointment.

We got to Bulimba way too early and decided to find somewhere to sit and while the time away. Was originally thinking along the lines of just having a coffee somewhere but I felt like a beer or wine rather than a coffee anyway. I also wanted something to nibble at as well. The Mud Bar ticked all the boxes. Had a couple of Tapas to go with a very nice glass of wine. Very pleasantly surprised. Very tasty food and not bad sizing considering it is only tapas.

Ended up returning to the Mud Bar after the appointment and had "dinner" there. Basically because we liked the atmosphere, the service and the food. Had a few more tapas and really enjoyed it. Bulimba is a bit out of our way but definitely would go back to The Mud Bar and definitely recommend it.

• Visited February 2013
Brisbane
“Great for a light meal”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and dropped in for a light dinner. They have a good range of tapas which were not expensive. We had spring rolls with a spicy dipping sauce, lamb and houlimi satas and paella which we both enjoyed. Service was prompt and liked the flag idea which you indicated you were ready to order. Will definitely return to try other tapas from the menu.