“much more than desserts on offer”
Review of Mud Dessert Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mud Dessert Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Oxford street Bulimba has quite a variety of restaurants on offer and Mud doesn't seem to be one of the most attractive to dine in. The fit out is just one big space with dark graffitti scrawled walls...but that is not what you are here for. Tapas is very popular and I know why.....it is just delicious. I have been here a couple of times and have not been disappointed. Recently we tried the chefs tating plate of 6 varieties for $30pp, all were great, particularly the mushrooms in a balsamic dressing- I would never have picked it out myself but that is the beauty of trying a tasting plate....finding out new dishes. We went on a quiet monday night but it had a fair few patrons.Would definately go again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Eaten here fairly regularly, mostly during the week or not when it’s at it’s busiest on weekends. Food is always good; Breakfast, Tapas and dessert, but the service can be a little hit and miss

1  Thank Yorkie_Traveller
Reviewed August 24, 2012

It was a brunch outing with the family. An innovative ordering system with the little flags - the grandkids were entranced. We had a varied selection of foods from the menu including savory and sweet - all were most acceptable. Not too crowded at "brunch" time, however I was told that it gets very busy in the evenings. All in all an enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had dinner at La Quinta just across the road, our favourite Mexican that we love to return to, and decided to check out the dessert menu at Mud upon hearing good reviews from friends. Funny that both La Quinta and Mud have the same flag ordering system, when you are ready you put the flag up on the table as a sign for the waiters to come and take your order.

I ordered the pistachio waffle with praline, pistachio and nougat ice cream, pecan nut and Baileys cream, and caramel and hazelnut sauce. Absolutely delicious and even though I already had a big dinner at La Quinta, I polished off the entire plate (and waddled my way to the car afterwards). My husband went for the Death by Chocolate and loved it. Prices are on the high side though with an average of $16 per dessert but portions are reasonable, so the next time we go we will probably be sharing a plate.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

eaten here twice. desserts are expensive not much change for twenty bucks. Interesting though, love the pannacotta and the death by chocolate is very good. Maybe only for a very special occassion and share one...