“Great food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Great food excellent service by Hayley. I have recommended it to some friends already. Had some bread with sugo sauce. So tasty. And if its still available try the figs

The Woodlands, Texas
“WoNderful Restaurant Along the River”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Friends took us here while we were visiting from the States. Three couples... Wonderful dinner. We would definitely do it again...the mushroom risotto was to die for!

Brisbane
“PERFECT with a capital P”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Dined at Stokehouse Sunday 20 January for lunch what a wonderful surprise and now wonder why my husband hasn't taken me here before. Magic afternoon, overlooking the Brisbane River, watching the world go by. Commenced with champagne, just delightful.

My entree was blueswimmer crab salad which I thoroughly enjoyed, I thought husband might leave me for his mushroom risotto with fresh truffle.

Can't explain how amazing our mains were; we decided to leave enough room for desserts which we rarely do but so glad we did, both were fantastic.

Waitstaff were very, very friendly and had excellent product knowledge.

Stokehouse was a wonderful, adult afternoon to appreciate 5star meals and service.

• Visited January 2013
Brisbane
“Great food with a view!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went here for my Mum's birthday in December.

All meals were great - highly recommend the pork belly! I do feel it was a bit overpriced for the service/decor although the view was good and service better then Brisbane in general.

Good wine list and beer selection.

Would go again although would more likely sit in the bar area - similar food in that area at a cheaper price.

Visited December 2012
Santiago, Chile
“all round perfect”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited Stokehouse for a special early birthday for my daughter. Right from the moment we entered the door we had a fantastic experience. The location is probably the best in Brisbane and despite it being a very hot night it was ok on the deck still it would have just added to our comfort levels if the fans extended out over to the edge of the deck. We started with a bottle of Aussie sparkling then had wine by the glass. All good. We opted to share entrees of a dozen natural Sydney Rock Oysters, the seafood crudo and the special scallops. I was particularly happy with the seafood crudo yet thought the oysters could have been a little colder (hot weather and oysters makes me a little twitchy) Also started with the lovely green olives, stuffed with cheese and breaded. Very moreish. My daughter chose the pea risotto and said that the entree size for main was ample - maybe a big eater would prefer the main size though. The other diner and I each had the wagyu special and it was perfect. But the star of the night was the bombe for dessert. It was delicious!! The pastry chef even piped a chocolate happy birthday on the birthday girl´s plate, as they had overheard us talking about this being her birthday dinner. A lovely touch. The service was second to none. Water refilled efficiently. Sure the bill was hefty but I don´t begrudge a cent when it is so good.

• Visited January 2013