“Excellent Experience”

Kanishk
Ranked #3,193 of 4,313 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Really good, authentic Indian boy restaurant. A little more upmarket than most, but high quality and great service.
Sydney
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience at Kanishk.
The restaurant appeared well presented and clean. The waiter who served me was friendly and efficient. I ordered the butter chicken and naan bread, and it was served with 10 minutes, which was perfect for me. The food was very nicely cooked, although it didn't quite live up to the "Best Butter Chicken in Brisbane" sign that drew me in.
The restaurant was reasonably busy for a mid-week night, with quite a few couples dining, which I took as a good sign of the restaurant's good reputation in the area.
All in all, a very pleasant experience. I would recommend this restaurant to others,

• Visited July 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nothing but praise for Kanishk. We love Indian food and this is not the ubiquitous greasy takeaway version, but real food caringly prepared. Don't be misled by the suburban exterior and affordable prices; service, food and décor is top-notch. All dishes ordered were excellent. Embarrassing to admit, but we must have been quite audible when we were discussing the price of ordering enough mango lassis for the whole family (we didn't order them) - without a word, when our meals appeared, two small mango lassis were also placed in front of our 2 daughters, not charged to our bill. We were SO impressed, and next time we want to go somewhere nice Kanishk will be our number one choice.

• Visited April 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Kanishk has become our local Indian restaurant despite being half an hour drive from our home. The decor and service is upmarket and the food is excellent. I strongly recommend the butter chicken and the Dahl. Both are outstanding. I have eaten there about a dozen times and never been disappointed with the food. Comparatively it has become quite expensive, so much so that I am tempted to try cheaper options closer to home. I haven't yet but I am tempted.................

• Visited December 2013
Sydney
“Excellent family restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with friends. Great service, hospitality, service with a smile attitude. The butter naan bread is the most generous I have ever had. Very humble staff serving. Felt royal when I ate with fingers as in India and was given a finger bowl to wash fingers. Will be back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JoshFromOz
Rockhampton, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will definitely be back.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the door, the service was excellent. We chose a range of dishes and they were all very good. On a quiet Tuesday night this was simply a first rate dining experience.

NB BYO. There is a bottle shop nearby.

1 Thank Roysville