“Consistent Experience, website might need updating”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Malt Dining

Malt Dining
Ranked #56 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Malt is a luxury three level food, wine and dining experience focused on rustic sophistication. Located in the iconic Wenley House on Market Street.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Consistent Experience, website might need updating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

I've had lunch and 2 dinners at Malt as I travel back and forth to Australia quite a few times in a year. Recently, I flew my partner out for his first trip, and we book Malt has one of our nights out. I requested a 6:30pm reservation, and was promptly contacted to ask if I could do 6pm. That was fine, as my partner still had some jet lag to manage. The dinner itself was as good as my first dinner, and for as nice as the meal is, you never get the feeling that you have to come as someone you really aren't. The staff are friendly and present without being 'hovery'. Single (and litte suggestIon): with a 6pm Friday reservation, and a website stating the following re: hours, it would be good to be told you will be kept out of the restaurant until 6pm on the dot and get to stand awkwardly at the stairs...
Malt is open:
Monday to Friday from 11.30am
Saturday from 5.30pm

Food suggestions include Hervey Bay Scallops (a must), Risotto, Brussel Sprouts and any of the desserts.

• Visited August 2014

“Good food, great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant. Tried the venison. Very well prepared. Ambience in lovely with live piano music. Definitely will come back.

1 Thank Theodore B
London, United Kingdom
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Dinner for two, Thursday night, oysters, veal, deserts and a nice bottle of Tasmanian Pinot noir - All done well but nothing outstanding. Service was good although I'm not sure we really needed to hear the detailed pitch for each dish as it was served. This is a perfectly good restaurant serving well cooked food in a pleasant setting but really nothing stand out @$100 / head.

2 Thank DLANFRANCHI
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went to Malt for dinner on a Saturday night, had the quail for entree which was beautifully presented and tasted great. Had the venison for a main which was also nicely presented and tasty. The menu is not huge but has enough variety. The wine list is also good. The service and knowledge of the staff was very good. My only criticism was that it was quite dark where we were seated and I had difficulty reading the menu even though I was wearing reading glasses.

1 Thank Thommo4113
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome meal & restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went there with my girl friends . The food were awesome and great service. Although the coffee wasn't too strong, but I'll come back for sure!

Visited August 2014