“We'll worth it”

Ranked #95 of 4,723 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Malt is a luxury three level food, wine and dining experience focused on rustic sophistication. Located in the iconic Wenley House on Market Street.
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

During a break in Brisbane we tried here on Tripadvisor's recomendation.
It was impressive
Met with a warm welcome in the bar and then to a delightful meal.
Food, service and wine list excellent!
Will return in our next visit

Wil

2  Thank KymB0711

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have had two amazing dinners at Malt and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals, the great wines and excellent service. The decor is delightful and the staff are super friendly. It remains my first choice for a beautiful dining experience in Brisbane.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Enjoyed dinner at Malt last night, in a group of 7 for my daughters 21st birthday. While the restaurant scene in Brisbane has been improving dramatically in recent years, there are still not many that are really good, all round. Too often we have disappointments about a major part of the experience.

Not so at Malt. The service was top notch, on a par with the best we experienced in Europe last year. The entrees were all stunning, and very flavoursome. In fact, these were the best dishes of the night, showing Michelin-star levels of complexity and flavour combinations. In fact, based on these entrees, I would really like to see a degustation option here.

Mains - very nearly as good. The only issue I would have here is that the serving sizes were variable. My own dish (veal) was large, extremely enjoyable. But a couple of other dishes (especially the vegetarian mains) were very small in comparison. Side dishes were remarkably tasty.

Dessert - the Tastes of Stonefruit is stunning, really good. The other desserts we sampled at the table were a bit of a let-down. Now - I had heard really good things about dessert here, especially the brownie, so expectations were high. While the other desserts were 'good', they were definitely not exceptional. Apart from the Stonefruit, the desserts did not match the entrees or mains in terms of level of sophistication or complexity. So while they were tasty, in comparison they are a bit of a let-down.

Overall verdict - An excellent restaurant, with great ambience if a little noisy. Deservedly very highly ranked. If they can work on the desserts a little, could be the best restaurant in Brisbane.

2  Thank TheLongWayHome_10
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a quick business lunch here with a couple of colleagues pre-Christmas. Loved the wine list - great European reds (yum) and the lunch menu suited everyone's tastes and budget. I had the beef cheeks which just melted and went perfectly with the bottle of red that we shared. The service was pretty good and the atmosphere was perfect for a business lunch. Yum!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Love this place! Had been here previously for drinks in the whisky bar downstairs - finally got to ascend the staircase to the gorgeous restaurant. A character-filled joy, complete with piano player and exposed brick. Food to die for and a tasty wine list as well. Go right ahead and book yourself a table.