“Unique and intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Malt Dining

Malt Dining
Ranked #56 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Malt is a luxury three level food, wine and dining experience focused on rustic sophistication. Located in the iconic Wenley House on Market Street.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Unique and intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This unique yet intimate bar is a rare find in Brisbane. It is one of my favourite place to come for cocktails and tapas on either a weekend or weeknight. Delicious bar menu with lots to choose from- defiantly recommend the buttermilk fried chicken, yum! Aswell as an endless drinks menu that would please anyone.

Have been here countless times and staff are always super friendly with quick service. Always a fun enjoyable night. Am yet to try the upstairs restaurant, defiantly a must for the future!

• Visited February 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This restaurant is my favourite. It has a great vibe, exceptional service, and the food is always amazing. I absolutely love it. Always have a great time here, if it's a table for two or a group of people.

Visited January 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was really excited to go here for my bday as I had read all the good reviews.

It was just ok however. Entree was mushroom tart but just ended up being really dry pastry with a few mushrooms thrown on top. My fish for my main was average.

Service was just ok at best, we really had to try and get their attention most of the night. A real shame and now we won't go back

• Visited March 2013
“Superb dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

After a last minute decision we walked in off the street and were instantly made welcome. Excellent service with suggestions and recommendations for different dishes. Superb terrine and fabulous quail tart followed by excellent duck and rabbit mains. All rounded off with a mouth watering apple tart and cheese platter. Could not ask for a better meal with great service in an amazing setting. Thank you!

• Visited March 2013
london
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I don't like leaving negative reviews, in fact apart from a frightful experience in a Cambodian hotel, I never have.

However... Malt was recommended by a few friends and I wanted to give it a try. We were just going for an evening out, no special occasion or anything.

I must note I think that most problems in restaurants can be resolved by a bit of patience, understanding and a more relaxed disposition. So I really tried.

The food here was good and the atmosphere was really lovely (guy on the piano was good). That's unfortunately where good points stopped there.

I really wanted it to work, but it didn't. In short the service was bad. So bad in fact it actually spoilt the evening for me. This is because I spent the vast majority of my time trying to get somebody's attention.

There was enough staff if I'm honest but they all kept doing somewhat of a fake survey. There was a brief acknowledgement of the time taken to order and a 'how was your meal' but that was it. No how was your meal at the end etc. I likely would have complained if somebody asked me but the guy answered the phone whilst taking payment, so that was the end of that

We didn't stay for desserts and even ended up sharing a glass of wine after my partners glass was taken away with wine still in it! This I'd when it turned for me and my patience became thin.

The staff were pleasant (definitely not rude or anything) but just not attentive - at all.