“We will definitely be back”
Review of Malt Dining

Malt Dining
Ranked #95 of 4,731 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Malt is a luxury three level food, wine and dining experience focused on rustic sophistication. Located in the iconic Wenley House on Market Street.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was an excellent dining experience for me and my husband. I don't think I've ever had service at a restaurant that was so consistently friendly, knowledgeable and available just when you need it. Our waiter was all these things, and very much enhanced the night.
The restaurant itself was exactly what I was after: classy presentation, warm and welcoming. There were a couple of big tables near us but their good times did not clash with our intimate dinner.
The food was delicious. My husband had the Tassie Salmon special and I had the Wagyu beef, both hearty portions, pretty to look at and better to eat. For dessert we had the apple tart and the passionfruit souffle, both super yummy but I must admit I liked hubby's apple tart more and stole more than my fair share.
The live piano was a lovely touch.
Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

A good restaurant with a diverse menu that has great desserts.
Agreement across the table was universally nice, desserts were the showcase.
Staff friendly and efficient, venue can be a bit noisy if you are sitting near a large group.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've been traveling to Brisbane for over 10 years eating all of the finest restaurants. Brisbane has some terrific restaurants however I find this restaurant to be the best in town. The food is absolutely fabulous, the service is outstanding (and not only for Australian restaurants... Truly world-class) and the wine selection is superb. The restaurant is upstairs from a nice after work business class bar and is large enough to be comfortable was small enough to be romantic. I have dined there four times in the last six months and has never been disappointed.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went here with friends and started with a drink at the bar which is very cosy and the staff are very friendly, I'm pregnant so asked them to make me a mocktail which was fantastic!!! We then made our way upstairs for dinner, again very friendly staff and a nice view of the inner city lights. Right from the side of bread to dessert Malt did not disappoint, my husband had the wagyu and beef cheek dish and is still talking about it this morning he has been lucky enough to dine at all the major fine dining resturants in Brisabne and said this is up there with one of the best meals he has had, great portion size perfectly cooked, beautiful flavours and the price is right. I had the duck dish which was sensational but the Malt brownie dessert topped off the night for me. We will definatly be back and do yourself a favour book in for the Malt experience ASAP!!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a table for 6 booked for a family birthday. Arrived a little early and had drinks in the street level bar. Very nice space and good cocktail and beer list.
Took our drinks upstair the very handsome staircase when table was available.
Lovely dining room. Greeted enthusiastically by wait staff. Staff appeared to vary in experience but this didnt detract from our night. Interesting menu and a very good wine list.
All entrees were great although the Scallop dish and the Rabbit dish probably were the picks on the night. Mains were equally as good. Really nice slow cooked beef cheek, although all selections were very nice and no one at our table was dissapointed with their selection.
Good variety of sides. Being a special occassion, we also enjoyed a dessert - again, excellent quality, a bit different and very very tasty. All dishes were carefully explained by wait staff on arrival. Piano player a nice touch.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Malt.
The restaurant has a great atmosphere and delivers a fine dining experience without the stuffiness.
We would definitely recommend it and cant wait to go back!

1  Thank Lorri1962