“Not as expected” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Lucca, Italy
“Not as expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The place look nice, however the food is not as expected. The hot chocolate I had wasn't that good for the price they asked the chocolates were good but too expensive.

Brisbane, Australia
“Poor service, drinks not as ordered”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Came in here for the 1st time as a treat to celebrate the kids getting great school report cards.

Ordered a round of their chocolate creme brulee (hot chocolate with a hard chocolate disc on top) and nromal hot chocs.

Took more than 40min for the drinks to arrive - and they weren't even that busy!! People who arrived after us were served beforehand, there seemed to be no 'system' to who got served what. But we stayed, as the kids were very keen on their hot chocolate reward.

Saw what I guessed were our 4 drinks made and placed on the bench, with the chocolate discs placed on the 2 'creme brulees'. They sat there on the bench for over 5 minutes... Then a waiter goes over, picks them up, and drops them at our table. Not surprisingly, the discs had already melted into the drinks...

"Where are the chocolate discs?" I asked. He shrugged, and said "Well, they've melted, they wre made a few minutes ago...". So I pushed the two 'brulees' back across the table and said, "I'll have what I ordered thanks, I paid extra for those discs...". He shrugged and said, "Nope, that's just what you get." And walked away.

So I'm walking away, and never going back.

Poor service, totally unreasonable waiting time, not getting what you order as described on the menu, all at a premium price. Don't waste your time or money like I did...

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank CGradeCyclist
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waste of money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was horrible service, and i went with friends and no one enjoyed any of it. My milkshake was not even cold. And both the milkshake and the food tasted like something you could make at home...except if you made it at home it would taste better. Very dissappointed and i have noticed that since it has opened, it is quiet most of the time.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stevie M
Brisbane, Australia
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been here 3 times now. I keep expecting the service to get better. It hasn't. Today I was there with my two children for a special treat. We ordered two waffles and a choc frappe. I also asked for water. Between the three of us we only got two forks and no water. I would have asked someone but the few times I made eye contact and gave the 'I need a hand' nod no one came. The waffles were also small and very soft. Basically just microwaved with chic dribbled on top and a small dab of cream. Would be nice to have a place like this to go but we won't be back till I hear from friends that it has changed. Three times is enough of a chance!!

1 Thank Ryans_travel
Brisbane QLD
“Hmmmmm chocolate.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Delicious.... The hot chocolate was the best I've had. The sizzling brownie was divine and the pancakes were fabulous. Who cares that it is situated in a shopping centre, once you bite into that chocolate you could be anywhere!! Cannot wait to go back and try more from the amazing menu..