“Xmas Party”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were a large group having our Xmas party. We arrived and met in the bar area which was uncomfortably cramped. We were dodging the staff as they went by with food and drinks. Food was fine and drinks were sometimes confused. The staff were not particularly friendly.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Dined here with business colleagues on A Tuesday night. We had a reservation of which we were slightly early for so were welcomed at the bar where without needing to ask drinks were assigned t our reserved table inside. Both bar staff were knowledgeable and interested in sharing advice around some of the Italian beers on offer. After enjoying a couple of beers we made our way into the dining room and were seated promptly. My one and only gripe is that the restaurant is extraordinarily noisy when full.
I ordered the fennel infused salami to start which was divine, the quality of olives and bread with it shone. I followed on with Fusilli All’Amatriciana which was one of the best i have ever had, quality of the freshly made pasta and balance of dish an absolute stand out. We were recommended a great Italian red wine that went very well with my meal. One of my colleagues ordered the same main and was also suitably impressed, the other opted for the steak (rib eye on bone, which was a premium piece of meat and cooked perfectly medium rare. I will be be back, and strongly recommend that you make a booking as it was buzzing this Tuesday night.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

A lot of time has gone into the menu, offering a wide range of simple dishes and flavours that complement each other well.
We were with our three year old, who was welcome and mowed into his kid's meal (veal scallopine with rosemary potatoes & rocket - nice to see something other than fish & chips for the little guys). I enjoyed my spatchcock chicken with a tangy tomato sauce accompanied by creamy polenta chips. The wilted silverbeet was also (somewhat surprisingly) a stand out and showed attention to detail on a busy friday night. My wife enjoyed her pasta, but I thought it was a distant second to the chicken. Staff friendly, if a bit hard to understand at times. I would not rave about this place, you would be disappointed if expecting something really top draw, but for an above average meal at a realistic price in a nice location it is well worth a look. Could dress up or dress down and feel welcome. Was about $100 for the three of us, no alcohol, starters + main.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I've been a fan of Bucci in Port Douglas for several years and was delighted to be reunited with Shaun Malone at his new post of Head Chef & Owner of the Brisbane incarnation. Bucci Brisbane continues the philosophy of fabulous food, sharp service and a buzzy atmosphere, all in the confines of a very stylish and cool setting. Fits right into the James St locale. I loved the risotto balls and couldn't go past the calamari pasta. Wine list fabulous too. A Brisbane must do! Well done to all.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Didn't have a booking. Was great to just walk in casually dressed and be accommodated. Waitress was very attentive and very professional. Food and wine was fantastic and exceeded expectations.

1  Thank collins1987