“Something different”

The Survey Company
Ranked #155 of 4,325 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great new venue only open a few weeks. great service, Cooks in the centre surrounded by glass like entertainment. Excellent food.http://theweekendedition.com.au/the-street-photographer/survey-co/http://theweekendedition.com.au/food-drink/survey-co/
Sydney, Australia
“Something different”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Tucked away in Burnett Lane is a real find - Survey Co restaurant. Converted industrial space makes for an interesting ambience. Embracing the new dining dynamic of share plates allows you to experience a wider range of really innovative dishes. A good wine list and very helpful staff made for a very enjoyable lunch.
Go and find it - you won't be disappointed

• Visited June 2013

“Tried Hard and Generally Succeeded”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I must confess it was excellent quality food. But it was expensive. The waiter was a bit too toff and we had to ask him to speak up. We shared a roast duck meal (~$80). Decor was original but when its busy I'm sure it would be quite noisy. I will return to see if the consistency is maintained. Overall I do recommend it ...

“Amazing hidden gem”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been here a few times now and this place has become our new favorite. Everything from the food to the service is excellent. Last time we were there, we had the whole duck of the day. This was probably one of the best duck dishes we have ever eaten.

• Visited May 2013
“Good, distinctive food. Derelict chic decor”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visiting Brisbane from Europe, I found this small restaurant very interesting. The décor can best be described as "derelict chic", with its industrial style inside what looks like a derelict building! The food was very original and tasty. Good fresh ingredients made to produce some distinctive dishes. I had a duck with pasta dish that was very good, although the duck was somewhat over-cooked. The vegetables were interesting too. The wine selection was limited, and too average for Australia - where some stunning inexpensive wines can be found. Service was pleasant and adequate,

Queensland
“Chic Industrial meets modern food.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a great find, where modern fittings meet industrial decor, loved the weathered, pre loved wall, old brick, with that thick paint, peeled, worn, contrasting colours. Simple sitting, cow hide on benches and nearly everywhere you sit you can see the chefs cooking, there are two slightly different setting, one dark and in a single line giving it that romantic chic feel. The other is well lit, mainly due to the large window which adds to the old industrial feel as it overlooks more brick walls. We did not actually want a feed but I could not resist popping in, so we decided to have four entrees instead of a big lunch. Now don't get me wrong but you don't go here if you are on the bread line, it is quite expensive by Brisbane standards. I read on the menu "tin of Anchovies" I thought must be set on a tin plate, but no out it came an actual tin of anchovies!! They were the best anchovies I have ever had but at $30 I thought a little steep. Later I did research on the Ortiz brand and I now see why. Karen had soft shell crab, it was beautiful, crisp but the meat inside soft and fresh. Next course was Panco crumbed brains, what a delight, soft moist and crunchy on the outside, Karen had the "three little pigs" and I had one very, very tasty. We had a great waitress, Austrian, she talked us in to having European white wine, but I must admit a NewZealand Sauvignon Blanc would have better a better match. I will definitely give this place another go, but I want to see what it is like a night, so a dinner it is. Save up the dollars and give it ago.

• Visited April 2013