Took a private room with own bathroom for a few night here.
Although the room had no windows, TV or coffee/tea, it was still pretty good quality for a backpackers.
The place has a very helpful reception staff, lots of tours, a small pool, internet at a reasonable rate, TV lounges, bar and cafe (though hardly any veggie options - not great for a backpackers).
My only concerns are 3 -fold:
- the place lacks atmosphere - not much cameraderie between any of the guests. I think this is because hardly anyone uses the lounges or bar;
- the price is ridiculously high - I nearly fell over when I saw it was $ 100+ for a room in backpackers! It's not surprising that tourists are deserting Australia - nearby SE Asia has equal quality rooms for a quarter of the price. I realise all accommodation in Aus are expensive but still, that's how I feel - it'seven more expensive than Europe.
- room was never cleaned for the several nights duration of my stay.
The property is located on a small hill about 15 mins walk from the city but close by to Caxton Street night life area. it's also possible to walk to the West End (another night area). But Fortitude Valley (the largest nightlife area) is on the other side of town - a good 45 mins walk or a $ 10 cab ride.
There's also a supermarket just across the road, and the galleries and museums are in walkibg distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisbane City YHA offers guests state of the art facilities and an Australian experience under one roof! Centrally located and close to all the tourist hot spots, this hostel offers roof top swimming pool with views of the city and Brisbane River, games room with Nintendo Wii, free Wifi Hot Spot (Wifi Plus also available), indoor and outdoor dining, secure parking and nightly entertainment. We also have a fantastic tour desk where you can book only the best activities and tours and not even leave the hostel! We are only 5 minutes walk from Suncorp Stadium for all of the major sporting events. The hostel has a mix of multishare, private twin/double rooms and family rooms all available with en-suites. Vingcard security access is throughout the hostel and the facilities are the newest and cleanest available. Brisbane City YHA is quite simply the best budget accommodation in Brisbane no matter what your reason for travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brisbane City YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brisbane City Yha Hotel Brisbane