“Efficient staff and clean well appointed rooms”

The Point Brisbane Hotel
Ranked #5 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here to be near the Mowbray park jetty where a friend was having a party on a river boat. The location was great for us. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable and it's extremely quite making for a good nights rest. If you can secure a room at the right price it's a great option.

1  Thank Helen G

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed two nights over the weekend.
Brilliant place to stay, great service & modern spacious rooms.
Even the studio was large and price was unbeatable for the quality of the place.
Free wifi and free parking, minutes away from the city.
Fresh flowers, yummy room service menu!
We will be staying here again!

1  Thank 591priscilla
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked The Point Brisbane for interstate Business associates as my usual place was not available. I was so VERY happy with the service, room, cleanliness, food, location and value for money that this will now be our preferred accommodation for all visitors!!
Our guests took advantage of the location and used the ferry to look over our beautiful city and visited to iconic Story Bridge hotel then were able to walk back to The Point :)!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aussiejuniorpro
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed one night at the end of a 4 week caravan trip to Darwin and back. You could say that anything not on wheel would have been excellent to us by that stage, but we were very impressed. It has been several years since our last visit to the Point (before the massive renovation and expansion). Definitely approve of the new rooms, very comfortable beds (best night's sleep for 4 weeks) and hugely spacious room (lucked out with a disabled access room). Took advantage of a weekend package and everything promised was delivered promptly and as expected. Breakfast was also included and very happy with the buffet, I especially loved the French toast, yum!
Unlike other city hotels, the Point is free undercover (security) parking, which is another saving if you have a car.
Will be going back soon, I hope it will be exactly the same.

Room Tip: We were fortunate enough to score a disabled access room, which are much bigger than standard room...
1  Thank TackyMonster
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for just one night in late September. It locates in Kangaroo Point where is just a few minutes away from the Brisbane CBD. The Dockside Ferry Pier is 5 minutes walk from the hotel. I took the free Hop On Ferry to the CBD and South Bank. This service is excellent for tourists travelling around the beautiful Brisbane city. The hotel offers free parking for guests, which encouraged me to leave my car there and took the boat trip. For the room, all the decoration and facilities are impressive and new. The bathroom is spacious and includes both shower and bathtub. I love this hotel and will definitely choose it again in my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Manson_T
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Point Brisbane is a pleasure to stay in!
I always enjoy my nights spent here for business and only wish I was up in Brisbane more often!

The staff greet you with smiles as you walk in to the modern and polished reception area. The hotel is always decorated with fresh flowers and candles.

The rooms are clean and spacious. I usually get a corner room which features the most comfortable King sized bed!

My favourite feature of the rooms is the thick curtain with large velcro strip which means the room is completely dark! I ofter work all night and this is perfect for sleeping during the day.

Lamberts restaurant is also great I have had the breakfast buffet and room service on many occasions. I am always pleased with the equality of food and service.

Room Tip: Corner suites have King size beds
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

"Thank you for booking our 2013 Riverfire Package at the Point Brisbane."

OK, hand up, I didn't read the small print, but I did purchase TWO Executive Suite Riverfire packages in advance for some $1100 that included evening meal and a 12:00 checkout, oh yes, and a voucher for one free drink each. I was amazed to find we were charged an additional $116 for a buffet breakfast for 4 people! The assistant managers attitude was that the evening meal was included instead of the breakfast and was otherwise not unduly concerned that I'd be on Trip Advisor about his 'Package'. My fault entirely of course, but I felt that a 'Package', and not a cheap 'Package' at that, would have included the breakfast. The rooms are clean but not the best Executive Suites I've stayed in and would not warrant the high room rate without breakfast included. The experience changed an expensive treat into an over priced, over-rated night out I'm afraid. I would not stay there again. I run holiday accommodation myself, I always feel it's worth listening to your guests instead of just taking their money. I won't go into the lack of room service...

Room Tip: We were overlooking the end of Story Bridge from our room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends