“Excellent hotel for a business traveller”

The Point Brisbane Hotel
Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney
“Excellent hotel for a business traveller”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at The Point last week for a business trip and I was really pleased with the recent upgrade to the hotel. The new rooms (I think called a Junior Suite?) are really comfortable and have great modern furniture. The bathroom was enormous! There was no balcony but the room still had a good view over Southbank.

Had dinner one night with a work friend in Lamberts the new restaurant and the food was great. Brian who looked after us was fabulous - he really knew his stuff and his service is great.

If you are travelling for business this hotel also has FREE wifi - yes its FREE in your room and all through the hotel!

I had a nice experience and would recommend the hotel for a business traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - the view is great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a frequent buisness traveller, after a long day at work followed by a commute by air, all I wanted was some dinner. When told I would have to wait for an hour for room service I accepted this. However, I waited two hours and then was called to be told that they forgot about me and asked if I still wanted to eat???

Needless to say I went to bed hungry. Then in the morning when asked if I had any mini bar, my response was that I had to eat the chips because my room service never came. The staff member looked at me, said sorry and made me pay for the chips! What terrible customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Juicepusher
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We were able to book in early as our room was available,which was great , at no extra charge. Had lunch in restaurant , was good value ,so booked for dinner at 600 pm as we were there for riverfire , we were seated at our table , there was only one waiter on, he was also taking room service orders, we were not given a menu or offered a drink , left sitting with no service for 10 minutes , we got up and left , at which time two more staff had arrived ,they did not even notice us leaving , we watched fireworks hungry and headed back to hotel at 0830pm , and asked if we could now have a meal , were informed the dining room was now closing , asked for room service and were informed it would be at least 11/2 hours wait . Went to bed , hungry . We voiced our disappointment on departure and customer service person listened attentively and apologized for the lack of service and reimbursed us the cost of our lunchtime meals . Yes we would go back there , just hope dining experience improves

• Stayed October 2012
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Location near Story Bridge is good. Short stroll to Queen Street was nice. About 30 mins. Also handy to river ferries. Nce park nearby to sit and watch river. Stayed 2 nights.
Rooms okay. No balcony. Nice area and walkways and bike ways make walking easy. Shops nearby make food and can get food and sit in the park near the river.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gold Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here for work for a week. No kitchen facilities- this property is purely hotel room style accommodation. Benefits: Rooms are modern and clean. Free secure car parking which is great- they even let me drop my car off at 0800 before I had checked in. Staff are friendly enough. Although the process of trying to organise for my husband to have access to my room as I would not be arriving back at the hotel until later that afternoon seemed to be a little too hard for some staff. Room service is ok, and walking distance to local store and Story Bridge Hotel are great features. Bed is comfy. The room layout is really good too. The rooms are quite big which is great because there are no balconies. Negatives: My colleague and I both had maintenance issues (different per room) She actually could not stop the electronic lock from buzzing continually and could not lock her door. Nothing was resolved for 4 days- fixed on the last night we stayed. I had a buzzing coming from the smoke detector in the room. I was more worried the sprinkler was going to activate! Again, nothing resolved for the 4 nights we were there. My room was wheelchair friendly. The only downside was the drainage in my bathroom was not angled correctly so each time I showered water would remain on the entire bathroom floor so I could not use the basin area etc after showering. That being said the room had another mirror so it was no bother, just inconvenient I guess.
Overall, the stay was fine. A few issues, but overall an average stay. The taxi service is great too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Was in Brisbane for business. Stayed at The Point for 4 nights in a one bedroom apartment.

No tv in the bedroom. Only tv in living room/kitchen area.

No frills. Clean. Spacious living area. Limited space in bedroom.

Location near Story Bridge. Walking distance to the river, if you wanna catch the boat.

Good place for jogging by the river.

Not much amenities nearby, but there's a couple of local restaurants in nearby apartments.

Wifi available but payable.

• Stayed August 2012
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have to start by saying the staff were very friendly and helpful, from checkin, checkout and the restaurants/room service. The room I had was apartment style with separate lounge and kitchen. It was clean and tidy. Also loved the wifi was $10 per day, I'm used to seeing $30-ish from the hotels. Food at breakfast, lunch and room service was very good.
I drove as on business and location convenient.
However, after the first impressions, the knocks in the walls, chipped paint, signage and tape on the walls, plus the dirt trapped into the edging around the two bathroom doors showed through and let the whole experience down.
I guess the lesson is to make sure you get an updated room the other reviewers are talking about?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business