“Nice Location & Rooms shame about the Pool, Sauna & Food”
Review of Mantra on Queen

Ranked #61 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Nice location, nice room, good black out from light pollution and good sound proofing. Comfortable bed meant I got a good night's sleep here.

I couldn't fault the room or the service.

My only problem was the pool, spa and sauna. The Sauna was broken and spa and pool seemed dirty with debris at the bottom of the pool and spa pool. Also no towels for pool area so you need to bring some down from the room. This meant I made two trips to the pool.

The gym is very small. There is 3 pieces of equipment in a room smaller than the hotel rooms. If you are a gym addict you will disappointed with this small gym.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment was food. I planned to eat the steak & ribs place attached to the hotel. It said open 8am till late. I turned up at 9pm after a meeting to say they were closed. I pointed it it said 8am to late. He laughed and said 9pm on a weekday was late or Brisbane.

I had to walk to the Valley & China Town to find somewhere open after 9pm. Even in china town on a Monday night most places were shut. I am told Brisbane city is dead Monday to Thursday evenings.

On the whole good hotel, nice rooms and staff just eat before 9pm and shower well after using their dirty pool.

Room Tip: Choose a room as high as possible to avoid road noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MantraonQueen, General Manager at Mantra on Queen, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Mantra on Queen. We are limited by the building design with regard to the quantity of leisure facilities, however the cleanliness of these is definitely a matter I will address with my Maintenance department.

I am disappointed to see your experience with the restaurant was not a positive one, and I will certainly be sharing your concerns with the proporietor of this business.

There are newer reviews for Mantra on Queen

Reviewed March 7, 2012

okay location
no breakfast on site
Beef/ chicken BBQ place downstairs to eat - independent of hotel

Hair in bathroom first day - not a big deal - busy and did not want to make a fuss

Second day - my hair in sink and bath
Gut feel - checked the bed. My hair in the bed the second night - yikes - did not actively check the first night I stayed - wish I had.

Room not like the picture on the web site.

Higher expectations for $230 per night - overall dissapointing and probably much better places to stay

.....gross - no execuse for not changing sheets!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank anne50_12

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Queen. I apologise that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations. I have addressed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that this issue does not recur.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Not entirely the best hotel - however if all you're doing is sleep and for over night stay it's OK.
For the price you pay it's good value - don't expect all the glitz and glam of a hotel. Amenities and basic. Short stroll to the Eagle Street Pier but apart from that not much around.
I normally stay here as it's very convenient to my client's office.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at Mantra on Queen. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed for two nights recently. Overall pretty good, large room, ok location, food available but... The adjoining rooms, sharing one door, is bad!!! Whoever designed this set up needs thier head read. First night our neighbours came in at 2am and 230am, and because of the one door entrance for the two rooms it was very noisy and banged shut. Not happy!! Wanted to move rooms but was assured there would be a quiet person that night so thank goodness the second night was better. Second day refurbishment going on and only 1 out of 3 lifts working so always full of cleaners and removalists. Just as well we weren't in a hurry, it could have been better,

Room Tip: Dont get an adjoining one ie 2 rooms one entrance hall
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at Mantra on Queen. I regret that your stay was disrupted by the guesrts in the adjoining room. The Hotel has a number of rooms that are not of a dual key configuration, and we would be happy to provide one on request for your next stay.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here on an extended stay of a number of months so I can safely say I have a detailed knowledge of this apartment hotel.
Overall it is comfortable, middle of the road accomodation.
The rooms are spacious, moderately decorated although a little tired and dated in the inerior design.
Its a good location for the road warrior in need of apartment accomodation. Its 10-15 mins to the city and right by a shopping centre with a Woolworths for grocery needs.
Staff are pleasant and effecient and left me to go about my business uninterrupted.
In mind with how this hotel could improve; more attention to detail on the daily cleaning but also deep cleaning on a regular basis, beds that are not joined down the middle to make a double (very heavy ridge in the middle of the bed), and perhaps updating the room to a better design standard ( i stayed in both a refurbished and non refurbished room) the refurbished room had a new sofa and curtains but I wouldnt go as far as to say a refurbishment.
In summary, comfortable, affordable ( although I was on an extended stay rate), cinvenient and in the main clean and safe.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at the Mantra for 2 nights while on a business trip.
It was nice to have a bit of a larger room with a seperate bedroom and a kitchen. Unfortunatley I had no time to shop for breakfast and there is no breakfast served at the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and cleaning was ok. I think the rooms at the top has better views but this was not important for me as I did not spend a lot of time in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

What a great veiw! we had a great time here, staff were realy friendly. Although we did get stuck in the lift for 30 minutes. Great central location it only took a few minutes to walk into the CBD. Highly recomended, we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple