“Stay Elsewhere”

Ranked #90 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Alice Springs, Australia
“Stay Elsewhere”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

You can do much better for the money to be honest. The property is in a good location close to rail and river cat stops, restaurants etc nearby.
We found the manager overbearing and interfering with everything from use of washing machines to parking and then use of keys, unreal.
The rooms are tired and noisy with paper thin walls.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank collieparent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We chose this venue as it was the closest to where family lives.

The website does not do it justice, the website i think make the venue look run down and really bad. I was apprehensive as i had never stayed here before.

As soon as we booked I made contact with the hotel explaining that we had a very early airport arrival and if we could check in early.

The contact made was fantastic and due to availability they could accommodate the request AT NO CHARGE!!

It is not a 5 star hotel!! but for what it is, totally great. The bathroom was probably the only let down but not enough to make a big deal about.

I will defiantly book again when next in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Alstonville, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Toowong Inn and Suites is a fantastic place to stay. Greg and the staff were so welcoming. We stayed in room 123 and had so much room. Much more than a hotel. You aren't paying Ritz prices so you can't expect the Ritz but everything is there to make your stay enjoyable. We stayed a week and would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I visited Australia and I can say unequivocally that the Toowong Inn and Suites is a home away from home. The staff and especially the manager Greg, made our stay enjoyable and rewarding. Greg went above and beyond any concierge could do. We were given excellant directions and advice of what to enjoy with our stay in Australia. He even helped us book a short trip we were considering. He takes care of all visitors to the best of his abilities.
We were grateful for the efficiency room including a continental breakfast each day that made the start of our day convenient as well as some of the best coffee we ever had. I have been to many hotels and I prefer Toowong where it is clean, quiet and safe. At the end of the day my wife and I felt reassured that we are in good hands. John from New York

Room Tip: If you want to be near an elevator and close to the mall, and reception desk get room 121.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed there twice and found Greg, the manager , to be very helpful. it is unfortunate that a group of parents with a children's football club could not control the children late at night while they were busy drinking and Greg had to take over . I see that they are all conducting a smear campaign which is abusing the Trip Advisor benefits. The room are clean and well equipped the upstairs loft was perfect as I was travelling with my sister. the TV was a bit small but who cares. I didn't visit Brisbane to watch TV. The location couldn't be better close to shopping restaurants and travel. Take the ferry to South Bank and view the Brisbane skyline. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pvogels
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times now and every time, the hotel staff have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome. The hotel is located in a very convenient area, very close to the city but far enough away to have some quiet and privacy. The rooms are generously sized and always IMMACULATELY clean.

All of the staff were super friendly and the manager went above and beyond, helping me with directions and advice on where to eat, shop and sightsee. There is secure parking available and it's very easy to come and go from the hotel at any time of day or night.

I will happily stay here again. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank screename_schmeename
Sydney
Reviewed July 14, 2013

And did I mention the grumpy manager who just loves kids and to quote the receptionist "the worlds oldest check in computer."
Free Wifi as well, and it would want to be, it is too slow to be used. And as for the Foxtel sign out the front, do two sports channels count? Most computer screens are now bigger than the TV we had in our room. The digital reception was terrible and most channels unwatchable. Take a book.
Stayed here for a week in a loft suite, and was very disappointed. The sole aircon. unit was in the loft which never reached downstairs.The walls are so thin you can hear your neighbour squeezing out toothpaste. Room cleaning consists of folding a triangle in the toilet roll, and our bathroom sink was blocked. I did not hear a vacuum cleaner at all during our whole stay.
It was obvious the previous occupant had smoked in the room and the smell remained all week.Not sure if this place was affected by the floods but there I got a distinct mouldy feel from the carpets.
This hotel has permanent residents who cook in their room and although I love curries, the smell was pungent and permeated all the hallways, but did at times mask the cigarette smell.
One positive is the location, opposite a shopping mall and train station, 10 minute walk to the City Cat and the magnificent Regatta Hotel. Plenty of restaurants and dining options nearby, as well as some other motels and hotels I suggest you consider first.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sebonis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Jephson Hotel
Toowong Villas
Toowong Villas
#77 of 159 in Brisbane
Toowong Central Motel Apartments

Been to Toowong Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!