The hotel has quite a good location within the Brisbane city centre, convenient for visiting the arts precinct (15 minutes walk from the hotel) but this is the only positive aspect of it.
1) The room we had was small and dim and smelled of sewage.
2) The air-cond was so noisy we had to turn it off at night.
3) The front desk man was lukewarm when approached for information about public transport, only managing a perfunctory smile after the conversation was over, and the smile ended so quickly that I wasn't sure I saw it.
4) On the second morning of our stay both of the hotel lifts broke down and we had to use the fire stairs, but the hotel management didn't even think of displaying a notice in the lift lobby on every floor. We waited for 5 minutes for the lifts before trying the fire stairs. It was only when we got to the lobby that we realised what had happened.
Some might say that at AUD130 a night these days one couldn't expect much by way of comfort, but I've had much better experience in Scandinavian hotels at this price! No wonder not many tourists are willing to visit Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- George Williams Hotel has undergone an extensive, $2.5 million dollar refurbishment of all 103 room. Offering visitors to Brisbane an affordable contemporary accommodation. Located in the heart of the Brisbane CBD (Central Business District), George Williams Hotel is just a 5-minute walk to Roma Street Train Station, Treasury Casino and the shops and boutiques of the famous Queen Street Mall. George Williams Hotel is a 15-minute walk from Southbank Parklands which features the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, and QLD Museum. Suncorp Stadium is also just a 15-minute walk away. All rooms at George Williams Hotel include TV and en suite bathrooms. Each room is equipped with a work desk, refrigerator and tea and coffee making facilities. Reception is open 24 hours. The hotel offers daily breakfast packages, available 7 days a week. The on-site restaurant, 325 on George, offers casual indoor and outdoor dining, and features a variety of international dishes. Guests can enjoy a wide selection of beers and wines at the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your George Williams Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Williams Brisbane