“a great home away from home when visiting Brisbane”

Central Dockside Apartments
Ranked #20 of 60 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“a great home away from home when visiting Brisbane”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

this property is one of the few in Brisbane that was actually built as an apartment hotel.
Recently refurbished by the Body Corporate the hotel offers one and two bedroom complete apartments- rather than bed sitters.
two bedrooms apartments over 100 sq metres and two bathrooms so are ideal for a family stay in Brisbane or two professional business staff travelling together.
The property has great landscaped gardens, the ferry to the city is at the end of the garden and the town square adjacent to the hotel has restaurants and a convenience store - so really easy to settle into this oasis in the heart of Brisbane.
whilst only a 3 star property in my view really such a rating is irrelevant since the property is comfortable, well located and a real home away from home.

Room Tip: any apartment ending in "01" is slightly larger and has great river and city views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sydney Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked this hotel online and stayed for one night. Three nights after my stay a police officer from the Criminal Investigation Branch phoned me to advise that Dockside Apartment Hotel paperwork with my credit card details had been found in the posession of a person they had in their custody. Given that I had not handed my credit card to reception at all, I was perplexed as to how this could have happened.

I contacted the manager the following day and received a response. He had no knowledge of the event. Several days later, after no further information from him I contacted him again. He advised that the paper work had been stolen from the reception desk whilst it was unattended. He also stated that they now have a new policy whereby paper work will not be left unattended any more. Great news! Too late for me and the others whose details were stolen (I wasn't the only one). One would have thought that in this day and age, guests' details would never be left unattended.

Aside from this rather serious breach of security, the air conditioning in our room (404) was unserviceable and the balcony door kept jamming making it difficult to open in order to let fresh air in. I reported this matter to the man at reception immediately. His response was to say that no one else had complained and that he was unable to leave the reception desk unattended in any case (ironic, given it was quite happily left unattended in order for the theft to occur later). One would think that a call to maintenance would have been made, but my concerns were not recorded at all. The woman at reception the next morning did not have any details of my issues with the room. In addition, the furniture in the rooms looked cheap and tired - pine tall boys, basic single beds.

After having been inconvenienced by having to travel for a further two weeks without a credit card due to my details being treated without care and given that the room was such a disappointment I requested that I be refunded the cost of the accommodation. Had I received a reply I most likely would not have written this review. I have waited a week for a reply but none has been forthcoming.

Would I recomment Dockside Apartment Hotel? No. Would I stay here again? No.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
CentralDockside, Manager at Central Dockside Apartments, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
After thoroughly checking with the police in regard to the information the theif had and being assured that they were not a staff member, we instigated a new procedure to take all personal papers off the front desk when not attended. I had relayed this to the guest who was affected and said that I was doing everything I could to work with the police and their insurance company. We are still always looking at our security systems and how we can keep our guests safe, but were struck by an opportunistic thief so have to keep vigilant at all times.
Having been away on sick leave and not designating this job to anyone else, resulted in several days and the weekend passing by before I could respond.

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

One bedroom apt with everything I could think to need to be self sufficient. Excellent service from staff from booking to departure. The location with the ferry just downstairs was incredibly handy - was able to see the ferry coming from the balcony and then race down to still catch it from the 8th floor. North side views of city and river were incredible, and being so high the Bridge noises were minimal even at peak hour. Best bed I have slept in for years and a nice tub for a decent soak. I was there on a 3night special which meant no daily cleaning, but instructions on where to deposit trash etc made this no problem at all. Food options in-house and downstairs were available but not needed when all of Kangaroo Point at fingertips, plus up & downstream City, Southbank, Bulimba, New Farm etc to be had. Loved the stay here and no hesitations in returning or recommending Dockside @ Kangaroo Point.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was the 3rd time we have stayed at Dockside and we were happy to return to stay. We had driven through the night from Rockhampton and were eager to be able to check in. Staff were very oblidging and telephoned us when our room was ready (approx 10.30am) Our room was very clean and had everything you need for a pleasant comfortable stay. From our balcony we had a great view of the river including the Dockside wharf - great for enjoying cheese and a few wines. Free car parking is a bonus as well as a bottle shop, grocery store, hairdresser and restaurants close by. The 3 times we have stayed we were able to get a good room rate, but unfortunately this is not always the case so we stay elsewhere. Will continue to stay on the occasions that we are able to secure a great room rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Good location, lovely view, however very outdated apartment.
Worst bathroom lighting/shower pressure. I would suggest to request a room that has been renovated( if at all possible??)..also the apartment had a very yucky smell similar to moth balls. Probably won't stay here again as it is not good value for money.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor/new room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Berwick, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A little difficult to find by car. Good free parking. Upgraded to 2 bedroom apartment. Good views of
river. Quiet location. Adequately equipped. Breakfast charges were high so we got supplies from down the road and cooked our own. Great watching commuters going to work via the ferries.
Would liked to have stayed longer to be more familiar with the area. Good coffee shop, an Asian restaurant, a convenience store and hairdresser over the cul-de-sac. You needed a car. Ferry was nearby. Would recommend if you knew the area better.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel s in a good location and has a great cafe close by. Wouldn't stay again rooms are very old and tired

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple