“Best part was the included breakfast.”

Riverside Hotel South Bank
Ranked #17 of 141 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Rooms small, looked onto the motorway, so we felt like we were on show! Noisy from road if windows opened so forced to use a/c. Yuk. Staff need a little re-training. They were friendly, but dropped whoever and whatever they were dealing with to answer the phone. Had to wait whilst someone else's booking was dealt with, halfway through mine! Same thing in the bar. I had the impression this might have been hotel policy, as they were onto the phones quick smart. Only stayed 1 night, and would not have liked to stay longer. Perhaps a longer stay would have let us take advantage of its near location to Southbank. Not good value for money but Partner enjoyed the breakfast.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room away from the motorway would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Nothing is more important for a business to benchmark customer satisfaction than receiving feedback, so that we may analyse your comments and work on any detected flaws. We sincerely thank you for that.

I usually advise guests to always check the Hotel’s website before booking, so that you know exactly what you will be paying for. As mentioned on previous responses, Riverside Hotel has always ensured that we have pictures and floor plans of all our rooms on each website we are advertised, so that nobody is under the wrong impression when they book a room with us.

We kindly ask you to please understand that what you referred to as the “motorway”, is actually merely the William Jolly Bridge, which is a normal two way street (Grey Street). As you mentioned, there is only noise if you open the windows, but please understand that any hotel in the city will have noise once you have the windows open due to its central location. Once windows are closed, no noise can be heard. Please forgive my ignorance, but I did not comprehend the “Yuc” comment.

About our staff, thank you for commenting on their friendliness, that is an aspect usually mentioned in every review and feedback we receive.

I will hold a staff meeting this week and will discuss your feedback in detail with our entire team. They were trained, indeed, but if the phone rings and they have a guest in front of them, they should excuse themselves for a moment, answer the phone and kindly ask the guest on the other side of the line to please wait on hold. At that point, they should return to the guest in front of them, finish assisting that guest and then return to the guest on the phone. Please accept my sincere apologies for that, I can assure you this will be remediated straight away.

I was also concerned that you did not think we provided value for your money. We take pride in guaranteeing the best rates in Southbank for 4 and 5 star Hotels. I would love to hear more about this, if you could please get in touch with me so that we may discuss this a bit further, as I see room for improvement here.

Our Restaurant Manager was rather pleased to see your husband had a good breakfast. We are also changing the menus a bit in order to offer better prices and range of food to our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly whenever planning your next visit to Brisbane, so that I can guarantee you the best available rates and look after your reservations myself.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Location was ideal. Queen Street mall and all Southbank acttractions and are in easy walking distance. Staff were helpful and room was very clean considering it is an older building. Will stay here again next time in Brisbane.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about us here on TripAdvisor.

It was with great joy that our team read your positive comments about our staff.

Furthermore, we were glad to know our location was to your liking, and that you are willing to come back and grace us with your visit on your next trip to Brisbane.

It would be my privilege to take your booking myself next time, please ensure to ask for me when you contact us next.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed in a 1br apartment on ground floor, the room was very clean & very well equipped which was great as we were travelling with a young child. It's an easy walk to southbank and Beth close to West End restaurants also. It was half the price of hotels in the city centre and self contained.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank hannahck

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your graceful feedback.

We are all very happy to see you have enjoyed our 1 Bedroom Apartment.

Our Housekeeping team has been praised for your remarks on cleanliness.

Riverside Hotel takes pride in always guaranteeing the best rates in Southbank for 4 and 5 star hotels, especially taking our location into consideration.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive comments about us, and please ensure to contact myself directly on your next trip to Brisbane. I can assure you we will love to welcome you back at Riverside.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location, easy walk to city center & many attractions. Older building but still in good condition. Staff were friendly & helpful. We had a very basic & small room, with an out look of the motorway, would have been nicer to have more room & a better view (but we chose not to pay for that i guess) Clean & tidy. I thought it was reasonably expensive for what it was.

1  Thank PeteDeb45
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We take every feedback very seriously and always take every comment on board, doing our best to provide you with a better stay next time around.

I was very glad to see our staff has provided you with helpful and friendly service. Nothing measures customer service better than a good guest feedback such as yours. Thank you for that!

Riverside Hotel has always ensured that we have pictures and floor plans of all our rooms on each website we are advertised, so that nobody is under the wrong impression when they book a room with us. Furthermore, we also ensure that views are never displayed in any images, and have never advertised and/or guaranteed views and a guest does not have to pay more for a view, as you have implied, for we do not have any.

We urge you to please understand that what you referred to as the “motorway”, is actually merely the William Jolly Bridge.

We were all happy when we read your comments about cleanliness, and that the room was tidy. Our Housekeeping team has been commended on that.

I am very sorry you felt like we did not offer value for your money. Riverside Hotel takes pride into offering the best rates in Southbank for 4 and 5 star hotels in the area.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked this Hotel not really knowing what it was like, well we were extremely pleased with the fantastic staff & Hotel location. Its simply a short 10min walk across the bridge to Suncorp Stadium. Why drive in the traffic ????? The buffet breakfast & Pizza for Dinner was just great. We will definately be staying at this Hotel next time. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LuizPrebianca, Manager at Riverside Hotel South Bank, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent positive experience at Riverside with us.

We are very glad to see we have exceeded your expectations in regards to our service, location and food quality.

A special thanks from our Restaurant Manager as well, who was very proud to read your comments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Please remember to get in contact with myself directly, so that I can have the honour of looking after your accommodation myself.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for three nights and brought breakfast at the discounted check in price ..personally I was surprised .the room was modern and well equipped and the breakfast was excellent over the three mornings it had different things to try which is unusual.. If anything I would say they needed an extra person but the guy that was there did very well under pressure the staff know there stuff and its a short walk to any where you need to go .. Good job guys good job

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a candid and inspiring review.

I have personally passed your review on to our staff, and everybody was quite happy to see how you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Our Restaurant Manager has asked me to thank you on his behalf, and to say that he is working on putting one more staff member on the floor straight away.

Please ensure to contact myself directly on your next visit rto Brisbane, so that I may look after your stay personally.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a great find especially for those who drive. Parking is complimentary and you can easily walk to the city via the Victoria Bridge. It's a short 10 minute walk to Queen Street Mall. South Bank is also a short walk away. The room is clean but a bit on the old side, especially the toilet. The bed was too soft for my liking. Service is prompt and friendly. Overall, this is a good hotel and I will definitely stay here again if we return to Brisbane.

2  Thank Bluefish7

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience at Riverside Hotel.

Taking into consideration that our slogan is “Comfort, Location and Service.”, I am glad to see that we have provided you with great Service, and that our Location was to your liking.

On the other hand, I was concerned about your Comfort. I have had a meeting with the Operations Manager, and if you could please let me know in which room you were staying in, we will check this mattress in order to ensure it is up to our standard and, if necessary, have it replaced.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back here at Riverside. Please contact me directly so that I can look after your booking myself.