“City centre location with quiet rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Sebel Brisbane
Ranked #21 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Macquarie, Australia
“City centre location with quiet rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times previously for work purposes. This time my husband and I stayed for one night after an overseas holiday. We had a lovely room with a view of the Charlotte and Albert St corner. Corner room gives a bit more space to move around. Close to plenty of restaurants and the Queen Street Mall for shopping. Friendly staff at reception. Great place for a night or two in the centre of Brisbane.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Welovetravelling01,

Many thanks for your comments, which are especially appreciated from our regular guests. We'll certainly try to keep up the good work and hope to see you again on a future visit!

Tom Bloomfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean with all the amenities that 4 star hotels have in an excellent location. We were only a couple of minutes from Queen St Mall. Excellent restaurant across the road and walking distance to Southbank and GABBA. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Fran 189,

Many thanks for the review - we certainly hope we'll see you again, as our hotel seems to meet your needs really well. If there's anything we can improve, we hope you'll tell us about that, too!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was my first stay at the re-branded Sebel Suites, and I can honestly say it was an excellent choice. I'm a regular Accor Hotels guest, so I've come to expect a certain level of luxury and attentiveness depending on the brand within the family. For the price I paid for a Friday night in the heart of Brisbane's CBD, I have nothing bad to say at all. The decor and amenities, the style and cleanliness are all above par that one would expect in a smart business hotel in an Aussie CBD. Comfortable, clean, quiet and I even had a nice view!

If I have one tiny niggle, it's the continuing trend of Accor hotels not offering any form of free broadband at their Australian properties. It's 2013 already, come on! Every other Accor property at which I've stayed elsewhere (Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul) offers at minimum ethernet broadband for free; this weekend I stayed at Accor properties in Hong Kong and Seoul and even in-room Wifi was free. Please tell me a plan is in the works to catch your Aussie properties up with the rest of the world!

But enough about broadband -- a big "THANK YOU" to the fine women and men who took great care of me over my short stay. Because of them, I will most definitely be returning to Sebel Suites Brisbane in the near future, and will recommend it to all my friends and colleagues.

Cheers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Francesco F,

Thank you for the review and it's especially nice to hear from our regular Accor guests - both loyal supporters and fair critics! To answer your question about broadband within the Australian hotels, yes - there is a plan currently underway, so we should have some good news on this front during 2013. Thanks once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wonderful experience. Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff were friendly. Restaurant close by to lobby was very helpful and staff knew about Brisbane and even recommended a day trip around the city. Well situated in the centre of the city. A great stay!

Room Tip: High floor to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear bingocatwill,

Many thanks for your review and for taking the time to let others know about your experience at The Sebel Suites Brisbane!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed just one night at this Hotel as we wanted to be reasonably close to Brisbane Airport to fly home. We stayed in a Studio unit which was very nice. It had been refurbished recently. It was nice and close to the CBD a few minutes walk to the Myer Centre and about ten minutes walk to Treasury Casino. Would definitely recommend staying here. We stayed on a Friday night and expected the pubs around us to be noisy but heard no noise at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear shazmohillock,

Many thanks for your post. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and proximity to Brisbane's attractions. We hope to see you on a return visit.

Bendigo, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've travelled extensively over many years and this hotel has the friendliest and most helpful staff. We stayed 4 nights, never been to Brisbane before and this hotel was in the best location. We walked to the Performing Arts Centre to see a show(organised by the hotel), great eating places close by and shopping was close by also. The apartment style suite was great, balcony, kitchen, washing machine/dryer and very comfortable bed. I ordered ice cream off the in-house menu, which had a surcharge of $5 to delivery to room???, so decided to go to the restaurant instead to pickup, I only had to wait 4 or 5 minutes and the lovely girl behind the counter asked if I wanted a complimentary tea/coffee for having to wait. The only reason I wont give this hotel 5 stars is because of the breakfast. We ordered off the menu and both our meals were tasteless. We were also told they had run out of sausages. The continental breakfast was fine, would not pay extra for buffet, which was not buffet if you order one meal off a menu(we could have continental also). Aside from the breakfast I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and we would definitely stay there again if we return to Brisbane.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view over brisbane.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear JessieAnne,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that our team went the extra mile for you. Our breakfast a la carte menu items may be ordered individually or to complement a selection from the continental buffet. I am concerned and surprised to hear that your hot selection lacked taste. Was this a 'bacon and eggs' type dish or one of our other specialty items? If you could possibly assist by letting me know, I would like to investigate. Should you be returning in the near future, please contact me in advance on 07 3224 3510 and I will be pleased to offer you a complimentary breakfast as a goodwill gesture.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been travelling for the last two years now, I've travelled through Europe, Asia and australia and without a doubt this is the best hotel I have stayed in...

Credit where credit is due, I forget your name however your badge says assistant manager and you my friend have to be one of the friendliest, most helpful and respectful gentlemen in the hotel industry. The staff are great and a great asset to the name of the hotel. I stayed here with my parents and olds being olds are quite critical when it comes down to accommodation but they sang the praises of the sebel suites.

Pool was cold, but this was perfect after smashing the fitness suite for an hour, breakfast was delicious and again the staff were wonderful. I would recommend the sebel suites to anybody and everybody 10 out of 10 just a great experience after the disappointment of what Sydney had to offer...

Cheers

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom B, General Manager at The Sebel Brisbane, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Parkerdot.com,

Wow! Seldom have we received such unreserved compliments and we are so pleased to hear that you obviously had a fabulous stay with us. We will certainly try to keep up the good work and have other customers singing our praises in the same way!

Warm regards