“A lovely stay...”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #29 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Stamford Plaza Brisbane over the weekend for one night and it was quite lovely. The concierge was quick to assist with parking our car, the check-in was a breeze, our request to have a room on a "higher floor" was granted, the room was spacious and clean…. I just couldn't fault anything with regard to first impressions. In fact, I was quite taken aback (and impressed) by the inclusion of a TV in the bathroom. The BATHROOM. How awesome…
Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and I was happily surprised to find that they cater for gluten-free guests (bread and crepes). Check-out was also a breeze, as was getting the car returned from valet parking. All in all a very enjoyable experience and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Views would be good in any direction in this hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly C
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for taking to time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read you had a lovely stay. I will pass on your comments regarding the gluten free options to our chefs. They work hard to ensure we have a good selection for all our guests and will be pleased to see this is appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

If rooms are clean and mildly comfortable I don't worry too much about where I stay, but having useful hotel staff that can work with some autonomy and can anticipate issues before they worsen is a big plus.

The really professional people that work here make all the difference. This was my second stay here and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear chloenb,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read our staff made the difference to your stay with their professional manner. I will certainly be sharing your fantastic comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
Staff were welcoming and friendly. A letter from the manager and a bottle of wine, made us feel we had made the right choice of hotel to celebrate.

Room Tip: stayed in room 2104 which had fabulous views of the Storey Bridge
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Paul K,

Congratulations once again on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. I am pleased to read you had a wonderful stay with us. You are most welcome for the bottle of wine, we always enjoy helping our guests celebrate special occasions such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for night at the stamford for our anniversary. The service was fantastic and the views from the deluxe room was fabulous. We were on the lazy daze package and it was well worth the money. Only reason for not giving 5 stars is because the rooms are showing a bit of age and would need a refurb. Tee Art Deco is a but outdated.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Sanushka123,

Congratulations on your recent Wedding Anniversary! I am pleased you enjoyed our Romance and Seduction Pacakage, it is always a great option to take when celebrating special occasions. I note your comments regarding the room and I am pleased to advise we do have a refurbishment planned to bring the rooms back to their former glory. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to enjoy our new look.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and myself are staying in this amazing hotel in Brisbane . The room is beautiful,with views over the Brisbane river. Everything you would want is available in this 5 star hotel.
The staff from the time you are greeted at the front door are extremely friendly,polite and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be spoilt .

Room Tip: We had room 1903 and i would recommend this room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sue D,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay and found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with the service by the concierge, valet and room service but unfortunately, when we went to the bar for a night cap, the bar tender was extremely rude. Others around us had their drinks poured before having to pay but for some reason, this bar tender wanted us to pay before he poured the drinks. I've never experienced this anywhere else in my life. When I asked to take it to the manager, she wouldn't help either??!! Poor discriminatory service on that occasion is enough for me to recommend that you don't risk wasting your money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jazz13579

Dear Jazz13579,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was very concerned and disappointed to read of your concerns regarding your experience in the bar. I have investigated this further with the Bar Manager. As you had ordered a cocktail and these take a little longer to make, we ask for payment then we bring the cocktail over, rather than have you wait at the bar while we make these. I do sincerely apologise that you felt discriminated on this occasion as this is certainly not our intention. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to change this adverse impression that was projected on this occasion.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Right on the banks of the glorious Brisbane river. Class as you walk in to nice reception and lobby. Staff very friendly and courteous. Breakfast is pricey ($30 buffet) but you expect that in nice hotels. Best thing is you can have your breakfast right on the river.

Rooms are well maintained, plenty of space.

Nice pool and spa area as well on third floor.

Great for business, not right in heart of CBD but being near the river and park makes it worth it!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tomwatson84
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear tomwatson84,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast in our Brasserie overlooking the river. It is indeed a great way to start the day. We trust you had a safe trip home and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.