“Fabulous stay”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #31 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
Staff were welcoming and friendly. A letter from the manager and a bottle of wine, made us feel we had made the right choice of hotel to celebrate.

Room Tip: stayed in room 2104 which had fabulous views of the Storey Bridge
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Paul K,

Congratulations once again on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. I am pleased to read you had a wonderful stay with us. You are most welcome for the bottle of wine, we always enjoy helping our guests celebrate special occasions such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Philippe

Write a ReviewReviews (2,953)

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for night at the stamford for our anniversary. The service was fantastic and the views from the deluxe room was fabulous. We were on the lazy daze package and it was well worth the money. Only reason for not giving 5 stars is because the rooms are showing a bit of age and would need a refurb. Tee Art Deco is a but outdated.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Sanushka123,

Congratulations on your recent Wedding Anniversary! I am pleased you enjoyed our Romance and Seduction Pacakage, it is always a great option to take when celebrating special occasions. I note your comments regarding the room and I am pleased to advise we do have a refurbishment planned to bring the rooms back to their former glory. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to enjoy our new look.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and myself are staying in this amazing hotel in Brisbane . The room is beautiful,with views over the Brisbane river. Everything you would want is available in this 5 star hotel.
The staff from the time you are greeted at the front door are extremely friendly,polite and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be spoilt .

Room Tip: We had room 1903 and i would recommend this room.

Dear Sue D,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay and found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with the service by the concierge, valet and room service but unfortunately, when we went to the bar for a night cap, the bar tender was extremely rude. Others around us had their drinks poured before having to pay but for some reason, this bar tender wanted us to pay before he poured the drinks. I've never experienced this anywhere else in my life. When I asked to take it to the manager, she wouldn't help either??!! Poor discriminatory service on that occasion is enough for me to recommend that you don't risk wasting your money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jazz13579

Dear Jazz13579,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was very concerned and disappointed to read of your concerns regarding your experience in the bar. I have investigated this further with the Bar Manager. As you had ordered a cocktail and these take a little longer to make, we ask for payment then we bring the cocktail over, rather than have you wait at the bar while we make these. I do sincerely apologise that you felt discriminated on this occasion as this is certainly not our intention. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to change this adverse impression that was projected on this occasion.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Right on the banks of the glorious Brisbane river. Class as you walk in to nice reception and lobby. Staff very friendly and courteous. Breakfast is pricey ($30 buffet) but you expect that in nice hotels. Best thing is you can have your breakfast right on the river.

Rooms are well maintained, plenty of space.

Nice pool and spa area as well on third floor.

Great for business, not right in heart of CBD but being near the river and park makes it worth it!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tomwatson84
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear tomwatson84,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast in our Brasserie overlooking the river. It is indeed a great way to start the day. We trust you had a safe trip home and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Stamford was clean, comfortable with excellent service from the staff. Well positioned right on the Brisbane River and opposite the Brisbane Botanic Gradens. A very quick walk into the the city. 20 mins walk to South Bank along the river and botanical gardens. The bonus was that there a variety of water front restaurants near buy. Although the river in Brisbane always amuses me as it is so brown. The hotel does represent a style of era with a hint of glamour along with marble in the Bath rooms. Rooms view in the evening spectacular.

My only complaint was I found the menu in the terrace bar restrictive. I am a vegetarian and I found I was not really represented on the menu. The wine menu also did not represent Australia's finest wineries which was disappointing. All in all a comfortable staff with excellent service.

Room Tip: Over looking the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ningaloo2006

Dear Ningaloo2006,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read you were able to take advantage of our fantastic location. I note your comments regarding the Pav Bar menu and beverage menu and will certainly pass this on to our Bar Manager and Executive Chef. Thank you once again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Stamford for our wedding anniversary. What a great hotel, I'm a member of a number of hotel chains that I tend to favour, but in Australia this hotel chain has my vote.A top location right on the waterfront surrounded by many good restaurants and café's and of course just minutes from the Brisbane CBD shopping area. The rooms are large and very comfortable , with a classic come modern décor look.The bathroom had plenty of space with good amenities and the bed was large and very comfortable.The gym was well laid out with a good range of equipment, and the pool area is large and well set out with a fantastic out look over the Brisbane waterfront.We were surprised with a bottle of wine for our anniversary from the hotel that was well appreciated.My only negative comment would be that the hotel cannot be accessed directly from the basement. This is a premium hotel in Brisbane which you will not be disappointed with.We both loved out stay in this hotel and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 11th floor overlooking the river. So perhaps the higher the better in the...
1  Thank alastair4

Dear Alastair4,

Thank you for your comprehensive review and congratulations on your wedding anniversary. You are most welcome for the bottle of wine, we always enjoy helping your guests celebrate special occasions. I am pleased to read you had a wonderful stay and were able to enjoy all the facilities the hotel has to offer. I am delighted to read Stamford now has your vote in Australia! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane or at any of our other properties in Australia or Auckland.

Phiippe