Stamford Plaza Brisbane
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$115
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$171
$155
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
  • Pool
City Park Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$127
$70
Hotels.com
$89
$130
$103
  • Breakfast included
Aabon Apartments & Motel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
$63
$53
$82
Travelocity
  • Pool
Kingsford Riverside Inn(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$63
$59
3,205 results
All reviewspav barthe riverbotanical gardensstory bridgebuffet breakfasthigh teajunior suitevalet parkingwedding nightstar hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicelarge bathroomeagle street pierqueen street mallsouth bankkabuki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2013

On Friday 6 December 2013, we held our internal staff conference and Christmas Party at the Stamford Plaza Brisbane and the service provided by Katie Griffiths and the event team on the day was exceptional. Nothing was too difficult and last minute unexpected changes were dealt with promptly and efficiently. If you are organising a large work event, I would highly recommend Katie and the team at the Stamford Plaza Brisbane.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Sandra U,

Thank you for your delightful review. I am thrilled to read your staff conference and Christmas party was a sucess. I have shared your comments with all staff. Katie and the event staff will be rewarded for their excellent service.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Saturday night stay in Brisbane. Package was $315 which included buffet breakfast and valet parking. I consider that this represented good value for this hotel which is in a great location by the river. Room had river views which were pleasant. Hotel is l-shaped however and the better view is from the rooms which face the storey bridge. My tip would be to ask for a bridge view room. Room is good and clean with comfy bed. TV a good size and great to watch from bed. Hotel offered movie packages which were better value than the normally overpriced one movie. Good range of kids movies. The bathroom is wonderfully spacious. However bathroom amenities are half the good stuff and half the cheap stuff which was below par. The hotel has a great outdoor pool from a terrace with river views. Buffet breakfast was good with cooked to order omelettes and cappuccinos included. Breakfast staff were attentive and pleasant. We would stay again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Get a bridge room room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jane P,

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed the Riverside Bed and Breakfast package. I hope you managed to catch the Christmas lights on the Story Bridge as they are quite spectacular! Thank you for your feedback on the movie selection and bathroom amenities. I will have our housekeeping look into the amenities as they should all be the same.

I hope we may look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

When I say that, I mean, if you like hanging around the hotel and using facilities etc. Because it is impressive.

Great bars and decor downstairs. You pay for it in pricing, but if you have enough cash to consider this place as accommodation, this won't be a stretch for you.

I tend to not really stay in massive hotel chains so can't vouch for whether this is really a 5-star place, but I saw lots of formal parties and a few brides so I'm guessing it has that reputation. For me, 5-star is generally the downstairs bit which you pay for. Rooms are generally rooms, are generally rooms. A bed, TV, bar fridge, bathroom. Service was ok but not stellar. Other 5* hotels I have stayed at tend to really amp up the service - offer to carry bags, fix you a drink on arrival, ascertain your reason for staying so they can assist (eg. ironing shirts for work, a need to find a good place for dinner etc). None of that here. I got welcomed, sure, but nothing I'd report as being 5* service levels. I overheard one staff member berating a junior member for not being able to find a powerpoint. And didn't stop when I was clearly in view. Not sure I'd associate that with 5* service either.

I will single out the bathroom as a highlight - spacious, bath and shower, with a small recess area for the toilet.

Valet parking is pricey ($50) but comforting because there ain't much long term parking nearby. This is situated on the riverbank, so at the tail end of the CBD. 5-10 minutes walking distance to CBD, around 30 minutes (or perhaps, more wisely, a 5-min cab ride) to the nightlife in Fortitude Valley if that's your thing.

There's a gym, outdoor swimming pool and spa area on level 3. We used the spa and had a swim. It's been designed to be on the same floor as where some of the conference rooms spill out onto. So it can be a bit weird having some company folk on their morning tea break, outside checking smartphones etc, and then a whole bunch of holiday-makers barely clothed sitting by a pool! All the inward facing hotel rooms look down onto the pool deck, so don't get any ideas about being amorous in the pool because you never know who's watching (unless that's your thing).

Unfortunately the river views are removed when you are on the pool deck. Somewhat disconcertingly for anyone who has seen Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, the local crows seem to think nothing of swooping down poolside and drinking from the pool. So just don't be surprised to come up for air after swimming a lap and being face to face with a crow!

Stayed here just one night for a gig. Would I stay here again? I'd probably see how far my money could go elsewhere because at around $250 per night as a minimum, that's a decent amount of cash to throw down.

Breakfast is included - buffet style downstairs. If you spring an extra tenner, or charm the night staff as I did, they'll bring it to your room (the charm saves you the tenner). Just tick and flick the card and hang outside before 2am or something like that.

Only down side - the safe didn't work due to low batteries. I wasn't there long enough to care but if I was, I'd not expect this from a 5- (or even 4-) star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheemar

Dear Cheemar,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the ambience of our lobby and the facilities provided in the hotel. I was disappointed to read you did not find the service 5 star as we are indeed committed to providing top quality service to all guests. I also apologise for the low batteries in the safe and will ensure housekeeping are checking the safes’ on a daily basis.

Cheemar, we appreciate your feedback as it is only through guest comments and suggestions that we can improve our service and guest satisfaction. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Australia and hope we may welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We enjoyed dinner with friends and an overnight stay at the Stamford. It has a wonderful view of the River and is right next to the city botanical gardens. It is about four blocks from Queen Street Mall in the city centre; close to many restaurants, bars and shops. The room, food and service was great. A premium hotel with a premium price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear TB007AU,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and found the room, service and food all great. You are correct, we are very fortunate with our location being right next to the Botanical Gardens with great views of the Brisbane River while still being close to the shops and restaurants for exploring and retail therapy.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

An anniversary celebration that became so memorable thanks to our Stamford experience. From the minute we arrived all the staff were attentive and friendly. Our dinner reservation was made with ease on our behalf and the details texted to our phone whilst we were out exploring the river cafés. During what was a busy time, we always felt at ease and our room was gorgeous, overlooking the river. Breakfast was lovely with options of indoors or in the courtyard. So close to everything Brisbane has to offer. Definitely looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Mitchell64

Dear Mitchell64,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read your anniversary celebration was memorable. I will pass on your comments to the chef regarding the breakfast, we are very fortunate with lovely views of the river from our Brasserie - always a great start to the day!

We hope we may look forward to welcoming you back again soon.