“Great location but not worth the money”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #35 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a couple if times now, and after coming back from overseas, I was unimpressed. Having to pay for the internet and for movies is what makes this review unfavourable for the Stamford plaza. Apart from that, great view and location, clean, tidy and great amenities.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally Y
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Sally Y,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the views, location and amenities we have to offer. I note your comments regarding internet and movies. We do have several packages available which include internet and movies as part of the package. Please query this option when you next visit as it may better suit your requirements.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I hope we may look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Philippe

Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location and finely appointed hotel with a good pool and small gym. Our room had lovely bridge and river view.

It's a 4 star hotel with acceptable service.

I.didnt research so cannot compare but thought parking was expensive at $40 per day or $45 valet parking. And note that the valet staff don't immediately give the option to self park.

We stayed at the hotel as part of a once in the lifetime trip for a very special birthday. This was the only hotel from the trip not to acknowledge it. Wasn't expecting much, a happy birthday would have been nice

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gster1977,

Firstly, although somewhat belated, I would like to wish you a happy birthday. I was disappointed to read this was not recognised during your stay with us as we do always enjoy helping guests celebrate special occasions. I note your comments regarding the price of parking. Whilst this price may seem high, it is in line, if not cheaper than most other 5 star hotels within the centre of Brisbane City. I do note you were not offered to self park immediately and I do apologise for this. Please be assured our Front Office Manager is following this up with the team.

Thank you for taking the time to bring the above to our attention and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Australia.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

For a business trip I went to Brisbane. Although the office is not directly in the centre, it is nice to have a walkaround through the city center in the evening and weekend. My room, with view over the river, was very comfortable. As I am tall one criteria is very important to me: is the bed big enough? The bed in my room was big enough resulting in a good sleep!
Internet speed is reasonable, although streaming TV to The Netherlands is usually not possible in the evening. There is a swimmingpool, but I have not used that. I have only used the restaurant for breakfast. Variety is good enough, I think there is something available for everyone.

I liked my stay in the Stamford hotel and would go there again, without doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear PGBrouwer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the view and the bed was comfortable. All our beds are King or King Single size which allows extra room for tall guests. It is important to us that all guests receive a great night's sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stamford hotel is my first choice for the quality, services and convenience.
I recommend the hotel and its management for the service they provide to all guests.
The drinking bar area is very nice and spacious. The brasserie inside outside was excellent. the food was delicious. All good and I was so pleased to be there.

Room Tip: all rooms are good .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ckhattar
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear ckhattar,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read we are your hotel of choice. I agree our Pav Bar area is nice for drink, especially sitting in the courtyard and soaking up the Queensland sun. I have pased on your comments about the food to our chefs as they always appreciate any feedback and will be pleased to hear you found the food delicious. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I are from NZ and self drive in Australia for about two months each year never staying any longer than a few days anywhere. We stay in all sorts of establishments ranging from the cheapest motels to the most expensive hotels. We stayed in a junior suite at the Stamford for three nights which is our first stay at this hotel. We have stayed at many of the world's top hotels in Asia, North America and Europe over the past thirty years and can honestly say that this particular hotel is one of the best that we have encountered for....., value for money, concierge, service, position, cleanliness comfort, food...the list goes on. We anticipate travel to Brisbane quite a bit in the future and will always use this hotel before any others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew G
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Andrew G,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read we are now your hotel of choice in Brisbane and are in your list of top hotels in the world. I have shared your comments with the staff as I am sure they will be proud as well. We look forward to welcoming back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

How can you knock elegance? The Stamford is now a must stay for me, your entry to the hotel is excellent and a porter comes to you and takes your luggage for you while you go check in. The reception is professional and efficient.
The room, is beautiful, our room (1704) overlooked the Brisbane river and the room just oozes charm, taste and qulaity.
Stay here, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MDW69R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and all staff were attentive. Stamford Plaza Brisbane does have an old world charm with fantastic views of the river, making it a perfect getaway, while still being in the city and close to all amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on our way from Brisbane to Canada, we Enjoyed every minute of it, lovely rooms service was excellent at all times, valet parking was excellent also would highly recommend a stay here. It is also in a ideal loaction not too far from the city, has a lot of good restaurants and bars around

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear MunsterAustralia,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed every minute of it and managed to relax before your flight to Canada. We are indeed in a fantastic location with all the shops, restaurants and ferries at our doorstep. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.