Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)
  • Fitness center
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)
  • Pool
Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane(Brisbane)
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser, Brisbane(Brisbane)
Mantra on Mary(Brisbane)
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
3,209 results
All reviewspav barthe riverbotanical gardensstory bridgebuffet breakfasthigh teajunior suitevalet parkingwedding nightstar hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicelarge bathroomeagle street pierqueen street mallsouth bankkabuki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel from the moment you arrive. Staff are very helpful, room was roomy and classy, with a view of the bridge exactly like in the photos! Extremely comfortable bed and breakfast was amazing. So close to all the restaurants along the river, and location perfect for walking in the park. We only stayed one night but will have to stay longer next time.

1  Thank JKS2000
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear JKS2000,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found the bed and breakfast amazing. We are very fortunate with our location and I am pleased to read you managed to walk in the magnificent botanical gardens next door to us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed for three nights in October. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, with a superb view. The bed was the most comfortable we have slept on in a hotel. The breakfast was a very pleasant surprise, allowing us two things we rarely find in travelling...fruit which was ripened to perfection and the "hot buffet" being hot rather than lukewarm! As we were celebrating a special anniversary, we were given complimentary sparkling wine, a lovely touch. The location of the hotel is excellent...a very short walk to the Botanic Gardens, ferry terminals and restaurants. The Sunday market, a few doors down was also fun.

Room Tip: All rooms face the river, but the higher floors have a more extensive view.

Dear Jenny H,

I was delighted to read your wonderful review of our hotel. I am pleased your found the bed comfortable as we have recently replaced them. Thank you for your kind comments about the breakfast, I have passed on your comments to the chefs. You are most welcome for the bottle of sparkling wine. We always enjoy spoiling our guests and helping celebrate special occasions. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I used to stay at this Hotel often before I retired so it was a no brainer to book again so we could attend a function at Eagle Street Pier.
When the Concierge took my name for the car he said "Welcome back Mr........." when I quizzed him he said he was sure he had seen me here before...probably a fib but still a nice gesture. The lady at check in said the same but I guess she could see on her computer that I used to be a regular.
The rooms are tastefully decorated with a great King Size bed. once again we had a fantastic view of the Story Bridge and the Brisbane river.
The whole Hotel oozes elegance and certainly impressed my wife. All of the staff were great and its no wonder this is the Hotel of choice for visiting Celebs when they come to Brisbane.
The Hotel is very close to Restaurants and bars and is an easy 5 minute walk to the Queen Street Mall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Xicobra,

I was thrilled to read we are your hotel of choice when staying in Brisbane. We are fortunate with our location with fantastic views of the Brisbane River and close to all of the restaurants and attractions Brisbane has to offer. I am pleased to read all staff were great and have shared this review with them. We look forward to your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in October. We were welcomed by the very friendly staff who couldnt have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. One issue we usually have when we travel is the beds, which are usually 'rock hard'. What a surprise when we realised that this is not the case at The Stamford. What comfort! I can honestly say I have never experienced such a comfortable sleep anywhere when we travel. From the moment I spoke with Erin in reservations, who attended to our every need to the letter, to the moment we left to return home, the service was impeccable to say the least. Well done to all concerned in making our stay a memorable one. We will return!

Dear Maureen T,
Thank you for your delightful review. I am pleased to read you found our new beds comfortable. We recognise a good night's sleep is important, so I am pleased to read we made the right choice in beds. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff. I have shared these comments with them and commended them for their fantastic service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Brisbane when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment we were met in the driveway by the polite and smiling valet (who explained as he took our keys in hand, that the "Car Park Full" sign did not apply to us as guests of the hotel) to the next day when we drove away smiling, our stay at The Stamford Plaza Hotel was absolute perfection. As busy parents who rarely get away on our own, we seized our daughter's sleepover as a chance to finally use my birthday present to my husband. As we only had one night, I really wanted it to be perfect, which is why I chose the Stamford Plaza - we live in Brisbane and know the hotel well by reputation - and we weren't disappointed.

After a lovely welcome at Reception, who confirmed that our package included breakfast and parking and told us we had received a complimentary upgrade to an executive room as it was my husband's birthday, we were delighted with our room, which had a stunning view of The Brisbane River and The Storey Bridge. There was a table and chairs in the window, perfectly situated to watch the river traffic as the night lights of the city gradually came to life while sipping our champagne.

The hotel is close to several excellent restaurants and we enjoyed a delicious meal close by before walking "home" to our lovely comfy bed and a blissful night's sleep. The bathroom was enormous and beautifully appointed and after a lovely morning shower, we enjoyed the complimentary plunger coffee and newspaper - don't forget to look outside your door :) - sitting in the window watching the city wake up, before trundling downstairs for a delicious breakfast (Eggs Benedict, Bircher Muesli, fresh fruits and lots more hot coffee) at a table on the terrace overlooking the river.

I thoroughly recommend a stay at this lovely hotel, whether you are from the other side of the world, or right here in Brisbane! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms have river views. Do tell them when you're booking if it's a special occasion, you may be spoilt as we were!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Suze230,

I was delighted to read your review of your stay with us. I am pleased we met your expectations and you were able to have a relaxing night. I have shared your kind comments with all my staff. We are indeed in a fantastic location for a relaxing getaway and we always enjoy spoiling our guests and helping them celebrate special occasions. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,