“Great Girls Weekend Away!!”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Gympie
“Great Girls Weekend Away!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Three girlfriends and I stayed at the Stamford to enjoy a girls night away. We were greeted by our concierge Steve who was friendly enough to point us in the right direction for a wonderful night out. All of the inclusions in our package was great! Valet parking, champagne on arrival, flowers in the room and breakfast to die for! We look forward to our next stay at the Stamford and thank all of the friendly and helpful staff that made our stay one to remember. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Rod F,

Thank you for choosing Stamford Plaza Brisbane for your recent girls night away. I am delighted to read you had a fantastic stay and I am pleased Steve was able to assist with the planning. I have passed your kind comments on to him. We are indeed in a great location with shops, restaurants and bars right at our doorstep for a great night out.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Philippe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night to celebrate an anniversary. Our room,1811, was lovely with great river views and wonderful features. Large bathroom with separate bath.
Our package included Moët champagne, valet parking & breakfast so we felt very indulgent.
Hotel only missed a 5 star rating because we had to chase our champagne order, the self serve coffee & tea at breakfast was cold and instead of teaspoons we were stuck with those awful plastic stirrers. Why?

1 Thank Sue K
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sue K,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us and congratulations on your Anniversary. Our Moet package is indeed a great option for any celebrations. I was disappointed to read of the delay in your Champagne order and the tea and coffee in the Brasserie. Please be assured I have passed this on to our Brasserie Manager for further investigation. In regards to the plastic stirrers, we are expecting an order of teaspoons to arrive this week. We did have to use the stirrers as a temporary measure – definitely not our usual standard and will be replaced with the teaspoons as soon as they arrive. Please accept my apologies, and I thank you once again for your feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we can improve our service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Redland City, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night with the Grease package- will be keeping an eye out on any other musical packages that come up- for our 25th wedding anniversary. Received a complimentary bottle of bubbly- a wonderful and pleasant surprise. Beautiful room with a view looking over the River (only problem I could see would be the shower is placed above the bath which is a little difficult to get out of after you have had your shower/bath). Had room service for dinner before the show. Delicious and arrived right on time. Everyone was very friendly all the time and always made you feel welcome. Bed and pillows (they have a pillow menu!!!) were the best!! Breakfast was to die for- scrummy. Will definitely be making a return visit. Thanks to all for a very memorable anniversary. Shell {:o)

Dear Michelle R,

Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary! You are most welcome for the bottle of bubbly, we always enjoy helping our guests celebrate special moments. I am pleased you enjoyed the Grease package, and there are indeed some fantastic shows coming up as well. In regards to the shower over the bath, we do have some rooms without this and will update your profile with your preference for any return stay. Our pillow menu is great as not everyone has the same preferences and we want to ensure all our guests have the best possible sleep away from home. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Stamford a number of times, mostly as 24 hour get-aways with my husband where we need much needed peace and quiet, rest and a chance to recharge.

The Stamford is a lovely hotel. All of what you would expect in a five star establishment. There's a few things I've learned over the last 3-4 visits which may help travellers.

1) The deals you find at various sites online will always be accommodated if you call direct. This way you tend to be able to have the ability to cancel within 24 hours without losing dollars (booking fee etc). In one instance, the hotel did a better offer for me...really appreciated that.

2) The buffet inclusion isn't always a good thing. The buffet is nice but it's a bit of a circus on the weekends. I tend to like to take a room package (with valet parking always good) and then head into the city to have breakfast at any one of the lovely places to have breakfast. There's a number along the river front at Eagle St Pier and Riverside.

3) Rooms further away from the elevators are always good. Rooms higher vs lower in the building have different perspectives which are equally lovely. Especially when you consider you can lie in bed and watch the traffic on the river!

4) Valet parking charges are reasonable for a city hotel. At $40 for self park and $45 for valet - these are affordable and better than Hilton, Sofitel and Treasury. (All of which I've stayed at and used their services)

Finally, I received an offer to upgrade to a suite with this last stay and if I'd been staying two night it would have been well worth it. The suites are very lovely and perfect if you really want to retreat into a hotel room with a loved one and unwind.

2 Thank chileandreamin
Dear Chileandreamin,

I was pleased to read you had a relaxing stay with us. I agree we do have the perfect location for relaxing, with river views from the rooms, the botanical gardens right next door for a quiet stroll and the various dining and shopping options on our doorstep as well.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for your next getaway.

Palm Beach, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our daughter's wedding at the Stamford last Saturday, the 21st , still has us smiling. Everything from the ceremony in the arbour garden, to the reception in the River room was perfect. What a professional team, lead by Katrina Jones,was at our disposal. All staff involved went out of their way to ensure we had the best of everything. They were attentive, without being intrusive, and the standard of the meal was a credit to Craig and his team.
This is a well run Hotel, in all respects, but also a team that pride themselves on the personal touch, and a genuine desire to do their best for their guests.
From our entire family, thankyou for a wonderful wedding

Room Tip: river views are romantic at night
1 Thank elizabeth b
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Elizabeth B,
I was thrilled to read your review and pleased you all had a fantastic time. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff. I am very proud of them and your comments have been shared with all our staff. We always enjoy helping our guests celebrate special events and we are indeed very lucky with our location on the river which helps with the romance. We looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Sydney
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is nice but not excellent. I personally do not like the 'classic' style so from the first time I walked in I wasn’t too impressed. The lobby is large and accommodating but everything looked aged. The tables in the lobby didn’t match, the tables outside near the pond were not stable etc.

My company's agent had booked me in a superior room which didn’t include internet access (a real gripe of mine), no complimentary water ($6.00 a bottle!!!!). The room was nice enough but again aged. TV did not have a clear digital picture and looked very old, my a/c was noisy and didn’t work and the bedside clock was so old it only had the option to play CD’s.

Due to me having to checkout early in the morning and it being late, I decided to order room service which was confusing. Like other bigger chains this hotel charges a tray charge to bring the order to your room, $5.00. I tried to order an item that apparently was not on the 24 hour menu even though it didn’t have a 24 hour section, this was the first time I have seen this and I wasn’t expecting it.
Overall this is a nice hotel which needs a bit of updating. The location was the stand out feature for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralph H
Dear Ralph H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the service offered to our guests. I was disappointed to read your experience was not what you hoped it would be. I am pleased to announce a hotel refurbishment is planned which will restore the hotel to its former glory. We have new TV’s being installed in October, which will improve the quality of the TV picture as well. Thank you for advising us regarding the tables and air conditioning in your room. I apologise for this, as we recognise a good night’s sleep is important. Please be assured I have passed these comments onto our maintenance teams to fix. In regards to internet, we do have packages which include internet which may be a better option for you in the future. The room service menu does have icons next to items that are available 24hours, I apologise that this was not clear and will keep this in mind for the next reprint of the menus.
I hope we may look forward to welcoming you back to Stamford Plaza Brisbane and giving us the opportunity to change the adverse impression that was projected on this occasion, and to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have only good things to say about this place:) and the staff were amazing, can't wait to go back:) would highly recommend it to anyone, I got the Moët package well worth every penny:) the breakfast was to die for

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank loukelly111
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Loukelly111,
I was delighted to read your kind review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed the Moet & Chandon Package. It is a great deal with a bottle of Moet and breakfast included with complimentary parking. Thank you for your lovely comments about the breakfast, I have passed this on to our chefs. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.