“A good central location”

Sofitel Brisbane Central
Ranked #30 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed June 24, 2014

A good location right by Central Station so great for people coming to the city from the airport by train. Room was quite satisfactory and the hotel has a great gym. Restaurants are expensive and there are not a great number of options in the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ivan8443
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Ivan8443. Thank you for positing a review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Brisbane. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found catching the AirTrain direct from the airport to the hotel so convenient. Thanks again for your review and I hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Brisbane.
Marcus Hanna

Write a ReviewReviews (4,227)

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We booked this Hotel as a "Secret" Hotel and was very pleased with what we got. The first impression was parking in the undercover park and noticing staff cleaning away dust and cobwebs . They were very friendly and helpful which extended right through to the concierge and check-in staff who were equally as pleasant and helpful.
The accommodation was lovely and to have the luxury of a King size bed was great!
My favourite part however, was the Health Club on the top floor - it was so well-equipped with state of the art equipment and the nicest touch was the selection of fresh apples and a newspaper to boot.... We didn't eat at the Hotel as we met friends elsewhere, but would have had no hesitation in trying it. Overall, I felt like we had treated ourselves to an experience we would treat ourselves again!

Room Tip: Choose the King size beds....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear sheza12. Thank you for such an excellent review on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “Secret Hotel” stay with us. I am sure all of our staff will be delighted to read your comments. Our SoFit gym on the 30th floor certainly has some of the best views in Brisbane and makes exercising that little bit easier! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Booked a last minute getaway with my husband for two nights. Offered an upgrade on arrival, which we accepted and worth the extra $60 for top floor room and daily buffet breaky. Staff were excellent, every one of them were courteous and friendly. I adored the subtle French touches. I'd rate this as one of my best hotel experiences.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Pillallie. Thank you for posting such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I am sure that Chef Patrice and his kitchen brigade will be delighted to read your comments on the breakfast. It was great to read that you rate this hotel so highly and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel while it felt like it was mainly aimed at corporate travellers was lovely. The room had a lovely king bed. Beautiful furniture and a feeling of luxury. The bathroom with lovely big bath was great as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful we we will definately consider staying again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear AmandaC828. I appreciate you writing a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us on business and was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our staff were helpful during your stay. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Brisbane.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at the Sofitel Brisbane last week, and as usual it was faultless.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the accommodation was exceptionally comfortable. Always of a high standard.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Anne R. Thank you for posting such a positive review on Trip Advisor. It was great to read that the service was once again faultless and the staff welcoming and helpful. Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our experience of this hotel was very disappointing. The room decor was tired and old fashioned- despite the website saying that the rooms had been refurbished. The TV was quite small and old - even though a flat screen and the room was also small. The shower was over the bath and the bathroom was definitely not stylish. This Sofitel is nowhere near as good as the Melbourne or Sydney hotels. Secondly, we were very annoyed by our treatment as Accor Platinum members. The Accor website says that Platinum members will be admitted to the Executive Lounge with the exception of Sydney and Melbourne Sofitels. When we arrived, we were told that we would not be given this privilege. Nor would we be given any Accor points. This hotel does not participate in the Accor scheme apparently. This was not advertised on the website. I talked to the Duty Manager who was totally inflexible. He did not listen to my concerns and simply kept repeating his first comment that this hotel does not participate. I would have thought that Sofitel would have ensured that all managers have as a minimum, good listening and empathy skills. On the upside, the bed was comfortable and the position of the hotel is good. Nevertheless, because of my unsatisfactory experience, I would not stay again and think that the hotel is over- priced for what is delivered. Next time I will look on Wot If, Trip Advisor, or Trivago for a less expensive city hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear oliverAustralia. Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to read your comments and to learn that your stay with us was disappointing. The hotel rooms and corridors were refurbished in 2013 and we generally get many positive comments on the new décor but I do understand and respect your view. Whilst at present we at not part of the Le Club points program I am pleased to advise that we will be participating from 2nd July. I will also follow up on your comments regarding your interaction with our Duty Manager and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your review and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again.