“Great Location”

Ranked #28 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Cairns, Australia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Central to every thing. Brisk walk to South Bank the shopping Mall is only a few meters away.
Service out standing in reception and through out the Hotel. I found every one very friendly and happy to assist when ever possible. I ordered room service to my room and the meal was 100% delicious in fact mouth watering. The room was large and comfortable. Decor now maybe for some not quite as modern. Who every comfortable. Accessories in the bathroom also lovely. My main complaint and the reason I can not say 5 star is there was mould in the shower and quite a lot of mould on the tiles which the cleaners must have ignored. I cleaned parts of it my self and it was easy to remove.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear ningaloo2006

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your room service meal and found our ambassadors to be friendly and happy to assist you.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the mould in your bathroom and will address with the Housekeeping department. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I appreciate your honest and constructive feedback.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The location is good. The main streets (including Queen Street Mall) are within walking distance. The service at the hotel was good too. The check-in staff was polite and the concierge was helpful in telling us how to get around. They even lent us umbrellas in case it rained. We will stay there again on our next trip to Brisbane.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Wong-Teo
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Wong-Teo

I appreciate you taking the time to write a feedback after your family’s recent visit to Brisbane.

Unfortunately I couldn’t do anything about the wet weather during your stay but was pleased to learn that our staff assisted you with umbrellas and you were able to make the most of the hotel’s central location and close proximity to the city.

I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your visit to Australia.

Mooloolaba, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel was fine but expensive for just a hotel room. I don't like being greeted in French at every interaction - what is the purpose - it is awkward and unnecessary and perhaps is used to add class to the hotel..? There was a dark hair IN my bed and the pillows were uncomfortable. I booked this night whilst I was with the Accor club (member for 2 years earning me 2 complimentary nights) however, didn't realise that you still had to be a member when actually redeeming the nights meaning I had to pay an unexpected full rate on arrival which was very frustrating given I had been with the club the full 2 years. And $45 parking. Cost me nearly $300 when it should have been complimentary - not happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Bec_Suncoast
Dear Bec_Suncoast

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and will address with the relevant ambassadors.

The hotel is very proud of its French heritage and our use of French greetings to our guests is a unique point of difference for our hotel.

We appreciate your honest and constructive feedback and remain committed to providing the highest quality service to our guests and promise to work even harder to regain your trust and confidence in us.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Couldn't really fault anything. The only thing I would suggest is that you stick with freshly made eggs for breakfast as most of the other "hot" food wasn't really hot.
Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Suzanne D

I really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us and was delighted to read that you couldn't fault anything!

I will take on board your comments regarding the breakfast and discuss with our Executive Chef.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Elanora, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I felt the overall stay was excellent. The room service was excellent and was the standard of the room. The foyer is stunning and the actual level we stayed on was beautifully furnished and carpetted. I did feel the Breakfast wasn't as good as I had anticipated. The coffee wasn't very hot and some of the hot dishes were just warm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Louise686

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central. We were pleased to read your comments regarding the rooms’ refurbishment.

Thank you also for bringing to our attention your breakfast experience. We really appreciate your honest feedback, which allows us to improve our service to our guests.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Sofitel Brisbane Central.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the Tv didnt work, then there wasn't enough towels, then when I left they charged me for the stay when they had already charged me on the way in and it's been 2 weeks and I still have been reimbursed so I needed at least 800 to be able to stay here for 1 night I could of stayed at the Versace for that and it would of been a lot better.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Travellertobe1
Dear Travellertobe1

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the TV and also the servicing of your room.

We remain committed to providing the highest quality service to you and promise to work even harder to regain your trust and confidence in us.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Last year I marked this excellent property down slightly due to the slow check out, pleased to say that this has improved to a very quick check out. I stay here to get a good run to the airport in the morning via airtrain and you can even prepurchase your airtrain ticket from the concierge with a 10% discount and have it charged to your room.

As usual with a Sofitel, it is the most comfortable bed you will ever sleep in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear KiwiPatC

Thank you for taking the time to write another review on Sofitel Brisbane Central and I was delighted to read that this time you experienced a speedier check-out and enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location and easy access to the Air Train.

I look forward to welcoming you both back again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely