“The executive club is severely undermanned BUT what a super girl they have at the breakfast hour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Brisbane Central

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #26 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Her name is Gillan (hope I spelt it rght), a 4.5 year veteran of the Sofitel in Brisbane. She was a one man (woman) show over at the Club floor (30th) and she did just about everything except cook breakfast. Clearing dishes, wiping tables, serving coffee, tea and the list goe son. Issuing WIFI passes, helping guests print documents and repairing defective room keys. She was one bumble bee, flitting from table to table with the same "bonjour" greeting and a REAL smile on her face. That just about makes me want to come back to the Sofitel. The rooms were great, views are ok and there were slippers and WIFI in the rooms (unlike the Sheraton in Sydney).

I would highly recommend this to all my business friends and associates. Get on that executive floor.

1 Thank CiviCSingapore
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

I will share your comments with all of our team, and in particular Gillian who does a wonderful job in our Club Lounge. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Sofitel is without a doubt, Brisbanes classiest, luxury hotel! The Sofitel and ALL their staff, know what it means to provide 5 star professional service. Phone manner cannot be faulted and everything from valet service, check in, room service or dining, to check out and room quality and comfort are 10/10!! The day spa and pool are worth a visit. The buffet breakfasts at the in-house restaurant "Times 2" are the best I've enjoyed in Brisbane. The room service food is so good.... try the French Onion soup!!!! Will be a return visitor!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ket72
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to read that you rate our hotel as Brisbane's classiest hotel!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have given this hotel five stars because I believe it was excellent for a hotel outside of a major tourist city. In saying this, it all comes down to the actual rooms for us, because five star hotel lobbies and common areas are usually excellent. We have, however, come to have different expectations of rooms in hotels that aren't in major international centres. Its chambres/rooms, for me personally, would not get five stars in Las Vegas, Paris or Hong Kong, for example, because my bar is so much higher there, but they were tasteful and comfortable with many amenities. Of course, the hotel itself had all of the amenities that we expect in a five star hotel.

The sleep quality afforded by the bed was first rate. The rooms are obviously old style rooms that have been cosmetically enhanced - excellent new furniture, wall treatments, carpets and beds/ televisions etc, - it is more difficult to disguise lower ceilings and old doors/ cupboards. The rooms (We had two) had excellent blockout curtains- absolutely a must in Brisbane at this time of the year when the sun rises before 5.00 am. Nespresso machine, bathrobes and slippers.

Of the two rooms we booked, the older style hotel bathroom in one with a shower over the bath was a little annoying, whilst the suite had a separate shower and dual basins.

The Club room on the top floor offered an excellent buffet breakfast as part of our rate. The canapés and drinks also looked good in the evening. The staff were very attentive and kept refilling items for freshness. We don't drink alcohol, but there was even champagne on the buffet for breakfast, a nice French touch.

We used the pool in the morning and it was surprisingly warm and inviting. Excellent temperature indeed for an outside hotel pool.

The Staff were excellent. Everyone was very accommodating. Concierge recommended a dinner spot and the valet were always available. One even offered to wash the windshield when we were leaving.

The hotel is within very easy walking distance of the Mall and Southbank (Starbucks also down the road open late). The train station is quite literally below the hotel, not that we knew until we walked out to the street.

I was very pleased with the choice I made in hotels and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and ask for a club level room. Also, see if they can give you a room with a separa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel - I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular our Club Lounge.

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

The bed was possibly the best hotel bed I've ever slept in. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the hotel was in a great location with a train station right below it (although I never heard the trains) that takes you out to the airport. The drinks in the cocktail bar were perfectly poured so it was great for a night cap. One thing that was completely outrageous though was the $9 for a 1litre bottle of water. That was outright obnoxious.
I would definitely stay here again but would buy my bottled water elsewhere.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our Sofitel MyBed so comfortable!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We recently checked into the Sofitel Brisbane on Thursday the 25th, and from the beginning we knew it was going to be a great stay. Concierge provided wonderful service, greeting us at the door, carrying our bags to our rooms, and recommending a lovely spanish tapas in South Bank. Front desk, contributed to this effort by checking us in within a couple of minutes and providing us with complimentary drink vouchers for the Cuvee Lounge (bar). As we headed towards the bar the Rooms Manager (so sorry to have forgotten your name), welcomed us with "Bonsoir" and wished us all the best with our stay. We saw that it was quite busy but sat down anyway and within about 10seconds, a bartender (Jordan) had made his way over and greeted us with a friendly smile. We were amazed he'd seen us over such a crowd, and when we asked he jokingly replied, "i had a feeling someone was after a drink." He returned with our drinks and was quite interesting to talk to, even when it looked quite busy. We sat and watched the candle ritual (beautiful), and enjoyed our drinks. Both Friday and Saturday were days of business, however, the evening couldn't come any quicker and the staff in Thyme2 restaurant provided exceptional service and carried themselves very efficiently. On Sunday we relaxed and spent a day in Brisbane, and Sofitel allowed a late check out which was convient with our late flight. We lounged at Cuvee and enjoyed a final cocktail that was not on the menu, Jordan made us a mint martini, and we named it the 'Mint-ini'. Cameron from concierge collected our bags and readied them in the taxi, providing a final good-bye, wishing us a safe trip and hoping to see us soon. We made our flight and are now planning our next trip back!

This was a business trip, but we made it a couples experience. Thank you Sofitel Brisbane, Thank you Marcus Hanna, for an amazing experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the French elegance that the hotel offers and also that you were so well looked after by Jordan and Cameron during your stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel Brisbane overnight before our weekend away at Tangalooma Resort catching the early boat across. We received excellent service on arrival. Very impressed with quick service getting our luggage out of our car and check in staff even though busy, apologies for have to keep us waiting and gave us an upgrade to an excellent room on 22nd floor with a great view. All up would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fran B

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed a great night’s sleep before you departed early to depart for Tangalooma Island.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm staying on the 29th floor of the Sofitel Brisbane Central hotel. The rooms have recently been refurbished and are of high standard (if you're lucky to get one of the new ones!). The beds are heavenly as per usual and the staff do all they can to try and make your stay a fantastic one..

I just need to point out the following... My Credit card company booked me this as a complimentary stay, so I can't really complain.. However being a platinum member of Le Club Accor for Sofitel, I was surprised to learn that I wouldn't be receiving any benefits. I spoke to the night manager who suggested I wrote to the owners to register my dissatisfaction.

The thing that has really upset me is the paper thin walls... I can hear my neighbours talking like they were in the next room without any doors. They cough at night and they are keeping me awake. Seriously in this age, we must be able to do something about this.... I suspect the hotel is full, but will ask for a room change!

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms AT ALL COSTS...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jakin4
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Brisbane Central. I was disappointed to learn that your experience did not live up to expectations, to the noise coming from the interconnecting room; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The hotel has just commenced a refurbishment of all of our guest rooms and we hope to have this work completed by early next year.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.